1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tannehill SHOULD fall!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Verdict, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I am seeing all of the talking heads say that Tannehill will almost definitely be a top 10 pick. I'm not so sure. I don't know why a team would take a guy like Tannehill in the top 10, when he really is likely a project.

I think you will see teams pass on Tannehill in the top 10, and no one will give up the farm to move up and get him. Miami might take him, but don't be surprised if he is there at 14, if Miami passes on him.
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
  3. Verdict

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    If Tannehill falls to us, and no one is willing to trade up and pay a ransom to get him, then that means one more player we likely covet will be off the board, reducing our options, unless we trade down.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Just like Jake Locker and Christian Ponder should have fallen last year? It's a QB league where teams will always reach to find the next franchise QB. He will not go past pick #10 no matter what.
  5. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    yup..
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,484 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    IF Tanny is the BPA on our board, then take him
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Lol no way. That would set the franchise back for sure. We need to win playoff games ASAP
  8. Joshmil53

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Lol...no.
  9. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,350 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. GloryDaysRBack

9,484 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    You guy will be the same guys crying when we don't have a QB when Romos done..Tanny is a great fit.. He needs time to develop and we have a starting QB for a few years..

It's moot anyways as he will likely be gone..
  11. Verdict

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Or like Aaron Rodgers fell, and he was a hell of a lot more developed QB than Tannehill.
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  13. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,350 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    The fact that you that you're actually serious concerns me.
  14. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Let's take your premise and say Miami doesn't select him.

- How confident are you that Buffalo wouldn't select him? Are you 100% sold on Fitzpatrick? I don't even think Buffalo is. That is a potential landing spot.

- KC would be thrilled to see him at #11. He could spend time behind Cassel and learn. I think KC is another landing spot.

- Pete Carroll had dinner with Tannehill and from reports loves him. Seattle is a possible destination.

- Arizona isn't set at QB by any means. He might be too good of a value to pass up.

- Philidelphia met with Tannehill. They might be willing to move up if he falls past Miami to secure him.

Even if he does get past Miami and a team like Cleveland doesn't move back up to get him, I see a potential of 5 teams selecting him between picks 8 and 14.
  15. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Russell Wilson in 5 or 6. IMO he will be a very good NFL QB.
  16. Verdict

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I understand your thinking, but I don't think Tannehill is as developed as Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers fell like a rock. Everyone said that Rodgers wouldn't fall either .... and we all remember his face in the back room, as it fell with disappointment with each successive PASS on him. Don't say it CAN'T HAPPEN. LOL.

I'm not saying he will fall, but based on what he has shown on the field, I don't think he SHOULD go top 10. He might, but it would definitely be a reach.
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  18. Joshmil53

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    So blow a first rounder on a quarterback who will sit for 3-5 years? How smart.
  19. GloryDaysRBack

9,484 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    1) you never know how much longer romo has..could be 5 years..also could be 2 years

2) This is ALL based on IF Tannehill is the BPA at 14..if he is, chances are we wont be in position to take a QB as highly regarded as Tannehill again..at least not before it is too late

again, there is no need to even discuss this..he wont be available..and even if he is, he probably wont be the bpa on our board
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,676 Messages
    9,903 Likes Received
    Definitely.

Otherwise, you might as well send your scouts home and just make the draft an extension of veteran free agency.