1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: TB.COM: Former Bucs coordinator Monte Kiffin happy to be back

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,335 Messages
    4,295 Likes Received
    MOBILE, Ala. – Monte Kiffin is back, and he’s as energetic as ever.

The longtime Bucs defensive coordinator and, now, recently-hired Cowboys coordinator stopped by Ladd-Peebles Stadium this morning to scout players ahead of this weekend’s Senior Bowl, and he hasn’t lost a step.

“I love it in Mobile today,” he said, with his typical enthusiasm. “The sun is out. I love it. It’s just fun to be back and get it going and start scouting some of these players.”

“It was good,” said Kiffin, who still owns his home in Madeira Beach. “I like college. College is fun.”

But there’s something to be said for being back in his most comfortable environment, as well as for having familiar faces around. Another former Bucs ssistant, Rod Marinelli, has joined Kiffin’s Cowboys defensive staff. Watching the two work together again will be compelling, at minimum.

Kiffin is pumped up about it.

Read more: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/former-bucs-coordinator-monte-kiffin-happy-be-back
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I'm glad to have Mr. Kiffin at the d coordinator. This unit will be special under him.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........and it won't be his fault either: my gosh, with Brent and Jrat having imploded....we have a huge hole in the middle now. Looks like all the oline complainers like me will have to wait another year.....we will spend F.agency and the draft on at least 3 D.tackles I would think: Brent, Jrat and Coleman probly all gone.....:bang2: