1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tcu

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Sam I Am, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    TCU is my favorite college team. (then the Longhorns)

It sucks this season. They beat a ranked team and then they win 60something to 7, but they don't play any ranked teams from here on out. (I believe) This just screws any chance they have for a chance at a championship.

BCS rankings should define teams schedules. If you are ranking, your schedule should be loaded with ranked games. (besides the required divisional games)
  2. mrwarr16

mrwarr16 New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TCU overratted along with Boise St.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    True but one thing in TCU favor is they are raniked 4th in the nation and very likely to run the table keeping them in the BCS running.
  4. mrwarr16

mrwarr16 New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually think Boise a good team its just stupid that they can play a couple hard teams every year then they coast the rest of the season while everyone else beating the crap out of each other. pi**es me off
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,958 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    They play at Utah on November 6th. Currently Utah is ranked 14th, but who knows where they will be ranked come November.

I don't care that they played a ranked Oregon State. Too much emphasis is placed on what a team is ranked at the time when they play especially at the beginning of the season. The true measure is what is that opponents ranking at the end of the regular season. Now if Oregon State goes on to have a good season and is ranked at the end of the year, it will mean something. If the Beavers go out and lose 5 more games, the Horned Frog victory over them won't mean squat.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    4th in the AP. They are 5th in the BCS.
  7. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I did not think BCS standing even started until after the 3rd week of the season. Still being ranked 5th keeps them in the BCS running
  8. ABQCOWBOY

35,201 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Absolutely. I think that they will have a hard time holding that position, if all the teams around them continue to win but honestly, I think we're going to see teams lose this year. Nobody I can point to right now and say to myself, "They have no weakness".

JMO
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,958 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    They don't come out until October 17. TCU is ranked #5 in the coaches poll, which is one part of the BCS rankings.

In the FCS(Division 1-AA) coaches poll, James Madison is ranked #3 behind Villanova(2) and Appalachian St(1). Shows how little the coaches in 1-AA think of VaTech. Not that it matters too much since 1-AA has a playoff system.
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Agree. Bama and OSU thus far at least looks like #1 teams as for the others man it is hard to tell at this stage. I think that is what will make this a very entertaining college season.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,201 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Your right, it's the USA Today Poll I looked at on ESPN. My bad.
  12. mrwarr16

mrwarr16 New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea the Ohio St Iowa game is going to be awesome. Its a night game and played in Iowa City.
  13. Sam I Am

31,344 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Just like last year. It was a slaughter at the top. All those ranked teams were getting knocked off.
  14. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    That will be a good one, I'll be pulling for the Hawkeyes in that game.
  15. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Big XII-II really needs to pick up TCU.
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    no way Texas and OU allow that to happen.
  17. Sam I Am

31,344 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Why? Scared they would get their butt kicked on an annual basis? :muttley:
  18. mrwarr16

mrwarr16 New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not saying TCU is bad but I don't think Texas or OU would have that much of a problem with TCU ;)
  19. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I agree, I think it would be a good fit and makes the Big 12 stronger. As for UT and OU not wanting it, I don't buy that for a second playing in a strong conference gives more clout to the conference and helps in the rankings
  20. Sam I Am

31,344 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    TCU had a better team the last two years than they have this year. So, this year you may be right. ;)