1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Teacher Writes 'Loser' on 6th grader School Paper

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Doomsday101, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    The mother of a sixth grade North Carolina student said she's enraged after her daughter's teacher gave her a failing grade and wrote "loser" on a recent class assignment, Fox8.com reported Monday.

Patty Clement of Buncombe County, N.C., claims her daughter received a grade of 20 percent on the assignment "for being a loser."

Clement, who complained to administrators at Enka Middle School, said the teacher's controversial grading style is unacceptable and claims her daughter is being bullied.

"The Friday before last, my daughter came home and said he threw her pencil box in the hallway," Clement said in an interview with the Associated Press.

The teacher has reportedly defended his actions by saying he uses such comments to "relate" better to his students.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,589208,00.html
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    How does that "relate" better to his students by writing loser on their papers?
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Yeah sounds like the guy really knows the psychology of young kids by writing loser on their paper.
  4. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    No kidding not to mention kids can be crule to each other. This man does not need to be a teacher.
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    I'm shocked, I expected a bunch of replies stating the kid has to man up and take criticism like an adult. :cool:
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Once a teacher wrote "I dont even know what this was supposed to be" on my essay.
  7. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    Only issue one of my teacher ever had with me was looking up her dress. I must have dropped that pencile 5 times during class. :laugh2:
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well she is a chick, so we can't really expect her to man up. Unless of course she wants to take her female prom date in a tux. Then she'll have to man up.

If it were a boy we'd surely be calling him a *****.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,746 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    No you didn't.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    I think that about some of your posts, but usually someone translates for me.

:cool: :)
  11. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,957 Messages
    2,190 Likes Received
    This man needs to be fired. It's mind-boggling that he even got the job.
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    15 %. F-.

LOSER!
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Actually I did.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,805 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I don't know much about this story but I will tell you this. If you get a 20% on any test in the 6th grade, then you probably have a real problem. I don't know that the teacher needs to point it out in such a fashion but clearly, this child is not doing what is needed to get the grade.

I think it's a symptom of something much larger in our society. We just don't fail kids and I think it shows in the class room. Behavior, educational results, all of it. I think the teachers are tired and they are near the end of their ropes.

This teacher probably needs to find another vocation. I think he's probably had it.
  15. Hostile

118,746 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I will admit to shock then. I expected YOU to defend the teacher, not anyone else who normally posts here.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Why would I defend a teacher in this context? I know you are trying to extrapolate defending a female teacher who engages in carnal relations with a male student with this but they are totally different situations.

I know there are a lot here who think society is getting too soft and people need toughening up.
  17. Hostile

118,746 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Because you defend any scumbag and hope it gets a rise out of people. I am honestly shocked that you find this at all wrong. I couldn't be more shocked.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    [youtube]YgSPaXgAdzE[/youtube]
  19. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,996 Messages
    719 Likes Received

:laugh2:

:bow:
  20. MetalHead