1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Teary-eyed mother who lost everything in a house fire thanks Ware for generosity

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com
    6:29 pm on November 13, 2012 | Permalink

LANCASTER – With tears flowing down her face and her voice trembling Tuesday afternoon, JoAnn Trevino stood outside the Lancaster football field house asking to speak to Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware.

On Sept. 3 – Labor Day night – Trevino; her husband, Joe; daughter, Clara Coco; and 4-year-old autistic grandson, David Lopez, lost everything they owned when their rental home in Hutchins – a city just south of Dallas – was totally destroyed by a fire.

The family woke up about 2 a.m. with the home fully engulfed in flames but was able to escape. However, the family pet – a dog they’ve had for six years – died in the fire. Without any insurance coverage, it was a total loss.

Two days before the Cowboys season opener at the New York Giants, Ware immediately reached out to the family, buying five complete outfits (from a Reebok outlet in Allen) for each family member, blankets, towels, toiletries and even toys for Trevino’s grandson. Three days after the fire, one of Ware’s assistants delivered all the items to the family at a hotel in Cedar Hill.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...oys-lb-demarcus-ware-for-his-generosity.html/
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,557 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Gotta love stories like this. Really respect DeMarcus Ware.
  3. BoyzfanfromPGH

BoyzfanfromPGH New Member

4 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is why D.Marc would always be a special person.
  4. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Well done Mr. Ware. Truly a special person.
  5. bud42

bud42 Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great Story! He is a good man! Football is a game. Would you rather be remembered for what you did on the field or off the field where it really counts?
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I know his, Romo's, and Witten's answer. It would be off the field.
  7. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,733 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I'm very proud to be a fan of Ware.
  9. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

915 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    so proud to let my 8 year daughter wear his number and my 5 year old daughter to wear Witten's number
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    My favorite Dallas Cowboy never fails to impress me with his character.
  11. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,423 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Hats off to DeMarcus for his generosity. Good to know there are still people like this around. Regardless of being a Cowboys' star player or not, seeing random acts like this always helps to renew one's faith in humanity. He's certainly worthy of much respect.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,372 Likes Received
    No surprise at all. Ware, like Witten and Romo, is a great person that goes above and beyond how great they are on the football field for the Dallas Cowboys.

Those three guys are three guys Cowboys fans should always be as proud as they can that they're Dallas Cowboys and very likely all three will retire Dallas Cowboys.