1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tebow has workouts scheduled with Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, Browns & Redskins, HMMMM

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 18, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Tim Tebow-QB- Player Mar. 18 - 10:18 am et

Florida QB Tim Tebow has private workouts scheduled with the Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, Browns, and Redskins in the coming weeks.

Initial reports on Tebow's Pro Day workout were mixed, but they're now skewing toward the positive. "From the Senior Bowl to now, the improvement is ridiculous," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "I was blown away." Tebow's ball now starts from his ear instead of his waste, his footwork was reportedly "flawless," and he's succeeded in shortening his stride. Tebow has accepted an invitation to New York City for the draft.
    Source: SportingNews.com
    Related: Bills, Browns, Patriots, Seahawks, Redskins
  2. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,576 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    Why is there such a fuss over Tebow?
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    This is for Rd 2 or 3...not round 1.

I've also heard VERY mixed reviews on his footwork and delivery....but it does sound like there was at least some improvement all around....so good job.

That "flawless" statement must have been from his agent.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,789 Messages
    2,525 Likes Received
    I do not know how true this is, so please don't quote me on it. I have heard that Shanahan really likes Tebow even more than Clausen or Bradford and the Skins will not go QB in round 1 and plan to take him if he is there in the 2nd.

I think this idea only has merit if they actually do pass on QB in round 1. If they do, I will believe they want Tebow.
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tebow's now been invited to the draft, so someone thinks he's going in the first. Kind of embarrassing if he sits there for several hours and doesn't get picked.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,940 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    That could be painful to watch....or fun for his detractors, I suppose.

I guess if one of those teams traded down to the end round one and reached for him there, he could go then.
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,036 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I thought they were going to be inviting some guys for the second day as well, not just first day flash. That sounds like a better slot for him, and the other second tier QBs. Though some may go in the late first, if teams get antsy and feel it's worth the trade up.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats what im thinking hostile, i dont think he will go in 1st round, unless jacksonville trades way back in 1st round. Thats why the redskins looked at tebow, to take him with their 2nd round pick if still there. With the right tutoring, i think he will be a championship qb, but he has to have the right QB coach, with a real good offensive coordinator, thats where shanahan comes in to help develop him.
  10. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  11. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I heard the same thing. It's not just first round guys that will get invited.