1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tebow not in Jacksonville's plans...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,841 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Tim Tebow won't be playing for his hometown team.

The Jacksonville Jaguars made it clear Thursday that they have no plans to pursue the popular and polarizing quarterback.

Tebow likely will be available this offseason after a disappointing campaign with the New York Jets, who were unable to find a consistent role for the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Sources told ESPN last month that the Jets likely will release Tebow, a Jacksonville native who has been linked to the Jaguars on numerous occasions.

But new general manager David Caldwell nixed the idea of acquiring Tebow at his introductory news conference Thursday.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said.

And Caldwell won't get any pushback from his new owner.

Shad Khan, who made a run at Tebow last year, said it was Caldwell's call.

"It's not my decision," Khan said. "I want to do whatever to help this team win. Who the players are is really the general manager's and coaches' -- it's a football-side operation decision. It's really not my decision."

What has changed for Khan in the 10 months since he wanted Tebow?

"I'm telling them to take a look at Tebow and they're saying, 'We're going to go in a different direction,'" Khan said. "That's the difference."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ts-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says
  2. Risen Star

19,841 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    A sane owner.

He must not be completely invested in the team like our owner.
  3. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Somebody will pick him up if he's released but not as a starter.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,802 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received

Wow, what a difference - an owner who lets the football guys make the football decisions.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    That's easy to say in Jan.

What will you say, come May if they sign Tebow?
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,669 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I think the redskins will pick him up ...... he would thrive in that offense.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,295 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    No, he wouldn't thrive in it. It still calls for accurate passes and he doesn't have that ability.
  8. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

679 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    He should have picked Jags instead of Jets. Dumb move on Tebow's part.
  9. zrinkill

32,669 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Compared to some of the ducks I saw in the redskins games that the receiver adjusted too?
  10. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Like these "ducks" :lmao2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3fymXuZa0c

I suggest looking at :34 seconds in, 1:31 in, and please 1:49 in.
  11. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    With his size, heck yeah he would. Tackling him and Alfred Morris all day would get old real quick.
  12. zrinkill

32,669 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    You better save that youtube video ....... looks like its gonna be your QB's career highlight.

[IMG]
  13. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tebow is going to have to make a decision: Do I want to be a quarterback, or do I want to continue a career in the NFL. I'd take him in Dallas if he wanted to be an H-Back/Fullback.
  14. SkinsHokieFan

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    If it is, he'll be undefeated vs Dallas and have bested Tony Romo in a winner take all game :)

And that was on one leg
  15. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I doubt it. No one wants Tebowmania. The only place I can even imagine signing Tebow is Oakland. They're about as dysfunctional as the Cowboys even with Al Davis (RIP) no longer in charge.
  16. zrinkill

32,669 Messages
    429 Likes Received

Hope that was worth ransoming your team.

But then again that sounds about right for the skins.
  17. Insomniac

Insomniac New Member

9 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I doubt it.
    Most NFL types agree he doesn't have the skillset that successful NFL QBs normally possess. He has a large, delusional fanbase that creates a circus like atmosphere for any team he's on. It's just not worth the downside risk for a coach/GM to bring him in.

Maybe there's some coach or GM out there that's convinced he's the answer and he'll get another shot but it doesn't seem likely.
  18. Risen Star

19,841 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Yes, I don't know how he overcame all that to post that 100 yards passing on a 50% completion percentage.

Romo posts those numbers and he's a bum. Griffin does it and he's the future. Injuries are irrelevant. Romo played with a punctured lung and broken ribs and never even flirted with those pathetic numbers.

He was carried to the win is what you mean, my pig snouted, feather wearing friend.
  19. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Tebow is turning himself into a story about the kid everyone said couldn't be a QB and then proves them wrong. I'm interested in seeing how he handles it. Kid doesn't quit, even if he is a ****ty QB.
  20. SkinsHokieFan

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Y u so mad? :laugh2:

The great thing is going forward the Redskins have a complete team. Now you know my frustrations all those years Emmit Smith racked up yards in games and we couldn't stop him. Nothing more demoralizing then knowing what the team is going to run and not being able to do a damn thing to stop it.

Old school NFC East style football. Pound that rock.

Thanksgiving though was an aerial show. You do conveniently forget about that. It might be why you are so mad.

You can have Romo's pretty stats. I'll take division championships.