1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tebow Or Leaf

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Leaf by far.

Tebow is at least a good leader, and by all accounts, a pretty good person. If Denver continues on with their option QB offense, he might rack up some serious rushing yardage.
  3. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,210 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Leaf , mainly because his attitude sucked along with his play.
  4. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,042 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Tebow might make a good tight end some day as well....
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Leaf had all the physical tools to play QB in the NFL and none of the mental capability to handle it.

Tebow is basically the opposite.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't even think he'd be a good TE. A QB scrambling in the open field is much different than trying to run routes.
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Tebow is more like a Rick Mirer that can scramble. He'll stick around in the league as a backup in multiple places for the next several years.

Maybe he's like an unshellshocked David Carr.
  8. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,839 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    One of the dumber questions I've seen asked 'round these parts in quite a while.

Tebow has as many wins in 5 starts this year as Leaf had in 21 starts in his career.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    They are both atrocious.

BUT if you could combine them into one player, you've got a sure fire hall of famer. :laugh2:
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a smart thread by me, but let me be clear I was just saying Tebow isn't a good quarterback. Tebow is a good football player and a winner. I would love for him to be a Cowboy one day as a tight end or a back.
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    1,630 Likes Received
    As a QB, Tebow is far worse. Leaf could get more than 30 yards per game. Hell, I could get more than 30 yards per game along with anyone on this forum.
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,612 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    I'd like to see him do this for 2 years, then I'll declare him a winner.
  13. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    leaf. his attitude sucked. just ask my husband.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    Leaf.

He was immature, not a leader, and a giant ******bag.

I think Tebow has already won more games as a starter this year then Leaf won in his whole career as well.

If not then it ought to be pretty close.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    One thing for sure Tebow has brought excitement to his team. I was listening to Von Miller after the game and his views on Tebow. They believe in him. Not sure any of Leaf teammates felt the same toward him
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received

Sure seems like it.

This is one of the funny things to me about the hate for Tebow. We hear in the media, and on these forums all the time, that the measure of a QB is rather they find ways to win games.

Doesn't matter how they do it the main factor is the W. Romo gets blasted all the time when he has a bad game doesn't find a way to help win a game. One of the first things people will always tell you, in defense of their hatred of him, is that it's all about the W's and nothing more. Don't give me stats and such I want W's.

Now you've got a guy here in Tebow who plays ugly, doesn't give you flashy stats, doesn't do this or that and yet he's WINNING. Grabbing those W's.

Yet we've got many of the same people now complaining about the way that he's getting the wins.

So it's made me realise, and I guess I should have realised this long ago, it's not actually about W's. It's about winning as long as you win the way they think you should win.

Otherwise it's minimized or doesn't count.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    No doubt about it. Heck even when it comes to the Cowboys wins are not enough they have to look a certain way if they don't the team is belittled.

I agree that Tebow has to do a better job of passing and given his personality I think he will continue to work hard to become a better passer.

Clearly he is not cut from the same mold as other QB but if he can improve his passing skills and play to this strength he has a chance to become successful. Right now I have seen many occasions where the safety or CB is coming up quick to stop Tebow leaving a man open down field, right now Tebow is over shooting the WR if he can develop better passing skill there are big plays for the taking
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    On the NFL QB scale (that includes passing, running and leadership, btw) I would say:
    Rodgers right now = 98/100
    Romo = 85/100

Tebow = 65/100
    Leaf = 20/100

In other word, when all things are considered, Tebow dwarfs Leaf but is still marginal.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo 85? :laugh2:

Give me a break he's at least a 90.
  20. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Leaf ... by far ... Him and Jeff George were the same ... "Nuke" LaLouche ... "Million Dollar arm ... 5 cent head"