1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ted Kennedy Dead

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BigDFan5, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,914 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Breaking News On Fox News (confirmed by Kennedy's office)
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    All networks confirming now.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First Eunice, now Ted. A tough month for the Kennedy family. RIP.
  4. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,914 Messages
    27 Likes Received
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm guessing he'll be buried close to his brothers in Arlington.
  6. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A True American ***.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself...
  8. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Finally....
  9. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

906 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Damn, some of you guys are cold blooded.

R.I.P
  10. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,262 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Yeah. Under the North endzone next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Burn in Hell Ted.
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The irony is, warts and all, Ted Kennedy was 10,000 times the patriot that any of these lowlives will ever be...

I've said before, I'm no particular Ted Kennedy fan, but reveling in a man's death is pure, unadulterated garbage (well, I'd make exceptions for Saddam Hussein, and someday, God willing, Osama bin Laden)... when somebody has died for whom I had no respect, even somebody I held in contempt, rather than express that contempt, I keep my mouth shut...

It's called human decency, and some of the folks in here really need to look into that concept... especially when what they really resent Ted Kennedy for was not his assorted personal shortcomings, but rather his political successes...

If nothing else, it took a hell of a lot of guts to stay in politics after watching two of his brothers get their heads blown off for pursuing that profession... that's a courage that I seriously doubt the lowlives in here reveling in his death now would be able to muster...

Sadly, I'm completely unsurprised by the lack of class being shown in this thread... I've come to expect it from a certain element in here...

Which again suggests that Cajuncowboy is correct, and the Politics Zone should be shut down... it has nothing to do with the Cowboys, and there are plenty of boards where the zealots can go to rant away into the night... it adds absolutely nothing to this forum, indeed it diminishes it...

Some of you folks in here really do make me sick...
  12. CliffnMesquite

4,262 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I'm saving the dancing in the street till Carter crokes. Anytime a murdering traitor dies it's a cause for if not celebration then certainty joy.
  13. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems that in your right-wing world, all liberals are "traitors"... never mind that at one time, Republican legislators voted him the most partisan Democrat around...

Sorry, but if you're looking for a traitor, look no further than one of your heroes (I presume), Ronald Reagan... he deliberately tried to subvert the Constitution by making an end run around Congress in Iran-Contra, all because Congress wouldn't go along with his little plan... IMO, any attempt to subvert the Constitution is a treasonous act...

But when he died, you did NOT hear me make that point... instead, I commented on a few things that he did that I approved of, and left it at that... and for all my ranting about Dubya, I never once wished any ill on him personally... I guess I just have more human decency than you do...

As for your remarks re: Jimmy Carter, all he did wrong was be woefully inept at the job... don't see how anybody could "hate" him... but I guess you're just filled with hatred for anybody who doesn't see eye to eye with you...

Here's hoping that you hate me too, but unfortunately for you, you just disgust me... you and a couple-three others in here who seem to have no decency in you... it's quite pathetic, really...

BTW, "crokes"?? Seems beside lacking decency, you're only marginally literate... could it be that ignorance and indecency are related syndromes??
  14. CliffnMesquite

4,262 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    LOL. Have a nice day. I know I will.
  15. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,721 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    :bravo:

I thought the same thing, but in reality, saying it would be pointless.

Sadly, I know even more are quietly cheering Senator Kennedy's death. And yet somehow, they still try to convince themselves and others they are a party of religion.

In all honesty, this thread should be locked before it even gets carried away. Nothing good will come out of it besides bickering because some just have absolutely zero class.
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, like I said, I'm no particular fan of Ted Kennedy... he was the least of the Kennedy brothers, and pretty much a lush... so I'm hardly heartbroken...

And as a result, it's no skin off my nose if you wish to show us all profound ignorance and an utter lack of class... all that tells me is you're a fine example of the right wing mentality...

I'm happy for you, that somebody dying can brighten your day...
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

None of these 'zealots' had killed someone and walked away from it, living a better life than most innocent people. It's perfectly natural for a normal person to expect retribution for such callousness and be disgusted when it doesn't happen. Dropping dead doesn't exonerate someone from their deeds.

His decisions had nothing to do with guts, but self serving gluttony.

If he had carried an 'R' beside his name you'd be vilifying him to no end. I'll take the crass honesty of someone making a joke about the death of scumbag over this hypocrisy any day of the week.

It's very patriotic of you to wish others would be forced to shut up because their 'rant's' don't replicate the diatribes you post here.
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Y'know what, as long as they're doing it quietly, I have no problem... I can certainly understand how some could be sickened by what he did at Chappaquiddick, and by the fact that his money and his family basically got him off... I can also understand how some could see him as a raging drunk, because he pretty much was...

But posting your glee on a message board about the man dying, well, that's just pathetic... especially when the ones doing it are gleeful not because of his personal flaws, but rather because they loathed his politics... one has already talked about how he'll celebrate when Jimmy Carter dies, which pretty much proves that I'm right about that; this is a bunch that will celebrate when any of the "enemy", i.e., liberals dies...

And you're right, telling the lowlives in here that they're lowlives is belaboring the obvious... I wandered in here after reading about his death precisely to see who was cackling with glee... it's useful to know which of these guys are like that (for example, I knew Cliff's politics, but I am rather surprised that he's that extreme)... a family that has known grief in the very recent past now must endure more, and their only reaction is happiness...

Pure class... but I'll tell you what, I'm betting that some of the guys in here that we both might have expected to proclaim their happiness will have the human decency to restrain themselves...
  19. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We both know that's not what the glee in this thread is about, so spare me the hypocrisy...

You will NEVER see me expressing pleasure at any Republican's death... as I said, I purely loathe what Dubya did to my country, but you can't point to one single post I've ever made wishing harm on him...

Yawn... you must have me mistaken for somebody who gives a crap about you, or your opinions...
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,095 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    I don't care for Ted and I will not be shedding tears that he is gone.

However the above statement in the picture is wrong.