1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ted Kennedy Dead

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BigDFan5, Aug 26, 2009.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The glee is about the death of this jerk. Where is the hypocrisy on my end?

That's not what I'd stated, what I did was point out that you'd not be going on in a disingenuous diatribe about his courage and patriotism if he were a Republican.

No one does and that's never what it's about; if that were a prerequisite this board would be empty and you'd have nothing to say.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RIP

I love all these "burn in hell" comments when the truth of the matter is only the man up stairs can judge him.
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Just like a liberal, want to censor what everone hears. I have a idea for you, if you don't like the PZ then don't click on the link. How hard is that?

I will weigh in on this. Dying does not change what people have done in their lives. If someone was a piece of garbage in life, then they still remain a piece of garbage in death. This notion that all is ok and this fake sympathy is simply not needed....its fake. If Kennedy taken responsibility for what he had done with regards to Mary Jo Kopechne, then I think that it would be a lot different. You basically saw a privledge son get away with Manslaughter without paying the price. I think this has very little to do with his politics and more to do with his moral stature....or lack there of. So please give the faux outrage a break.
  4. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,737 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    YES, THE THREAD TO END ALL THREADS.

I've been waiting for this one. *braces* Ok, go!
  5. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    What does religion have to do with class?
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,322 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Let's knock off the religion talk please.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Outside of the normal drivel from sliver, fairly restrained so far.

I see silver refuses as usual to face FACTS like Ted killing that girl.
    And that is what happened no matter how libs try and cover it up.
    Yes he will be facing his maker and he will be judged for his life which frankly sucked. And I am not even talking about his political life.
  8. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    the Kennedy family has been through a lot, and while I disagree with the man’s policies to th Nth degree.........a patriot anymore than anyone of us I cannot say he was...

today is a day where we should so respect to the man’s family

Stay classy, let the left have the hatred for Palin, T.Snow, Cheney etc....

....but tommorow refute any revision of History that the left will start with on Teddy.......as they always will......as they have to.........
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :splat:

FAIL
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    What do you expect from the most far left crazy on this board?
    Which is saying a lot with Suspect and VC (who got banned, right)
    around.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm completely neutral on the passing of this turd. I neither weep nor celebrate. He helped to damage this country and so I cannot weep for him. However he gave his lifetime to trying to make it what he thought would be a better place (Misguided as he was) and so again I cannot celebrate his passing. When I look at the life of Ted Kennedy I see someone who thought they were doing something right but ultimately ended up doing harm.

I will say this, if Ted Kennedy would not have been here, we would have been far better off as a country. And at least one young lady would have been as well.

So I am ambivalent to his passing. No big deal one way or the other.
  12. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    As Reagan said to the effect of.....So many (Liberals) try to do things with a good heart, but not with a clear head.
  13. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    RIP Ted.

Man just goes to show you no matter how much money you have you still can't do anything about some of these cancers.

Reminds me of Linda McCartney...all the money in the world...

Having lost my mother to brain cancer...this just brings back those awful memories.

[IMG]
  14. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Jimmy Carter is an idiot, although I do believe that he believed he was doing right....So that is just a difference of opinion.

Ted murdered a women and her unborn child because he didn't want to deal the fact he had gotten her pregnant, then the powerful family pulled the purse strings so he basically got away with it, that is where the majority of the hatred comes from.

Seriously, did you think he was innocent ?
  15. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm Canadian, so I have no vested interest one way or the other. But serious props to you for putting those clowns in their place.

Revelling in someone's death is just about the lowest of the low. If the situation were reversed, say if it were John McCain, Sarah Palin (or even Bill O'Reilly), they would be calling on the board to be good Christians and not speak badly of the dead.

Truly pathetic.
  16. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Obama's statement:

Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy.

For five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts.

I valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I've profited as President from his encouragement and wisdom.

An important chapter in our history has come to an end. Our country has lost a great leader, who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and became the greatest United States Senator of our time.

And the Kennedy family has lost their patriarch, a tower of strength and support through good times and bad.

Our hearts and prayers go out to them today--to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/26/ted-kennedy-reactions_n_268989.html
  17. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fair enough. But if you have no feelings on it, wouldn't it be better not to comment altogether? BTW, I put that question to you with total respect, as I see you as one of the few, hardcore partisans on here, who comports himself with dignity and respect for others.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How many people did Palin, McCain (Or even Bill O'Rielly) kill in his car? Just checking.
  19. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Still waiting on my tax credit to pay for health care for my employees...............
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No because it is an open forum. If one didn't want to comments on the matter, then they would't have posted it. I simply stated my feelings. I thought the whole insanity after Michael Jackson's death was uncalled for. They take a person who has died and try to make him some kind of saint. And I ust wanted to make my point that the man was bad for this country before all the calls for sainthood started.

As I said, I don't have a feeling either way about his death.