1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tennessee Titans Picks

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,898 Messages
    2,704 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Rd 1 - 019 - Michael Griffin S, Texas

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter and All-Conference selection as a senior after totaling 126/4/10. Blocked four kicks as a junior and accumulated 124 tackles.

POSITIVES: Explosive safety who is an intimidating force in center field. Diagnoses the action, fires up the field in run defense and aggressively lays his shoulders into ball handlers. Displays outstanding sideline-to-sideline range and gets to the flanks to help.

NEGATIVES: Has tackles broken. Occasionally shows some hesitation to his game. At times is too quick moving up the field.

ANALYSIS: A rangy center fielder with a complete game, Griffin offers starting potential at safety and could be a dominant special-teams player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/5024.html

Rd 2 - 050 - Chris Henry RB, Arizona

BIOGRAPHY: Led the team in rushing as a junior when he was Arizona's featured back. Posted 165/581/7 carrying the ball, adding 21/197/1 as a receiver out of backfield.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized ball carrier who gives effort on the field. Displays quickness, above-average footwork and has a burst through the hole. Possesses the playing speed to cut the corner, keeps his feet moving on contact and works to pick up yardage.

NEGATIVES: Does not play like a big back, rarely breaks tackles or picks up yardage off initial contact. A bit straight-line-ish in his running. Only productive for one season.

ANALYSIS: Showing a lot of flashes last season, Henry offers the underlying abilities to play at the next level. Needs a lot of work on his overall game but has potential for a team that.s willing to be patient.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/19603.html

Rd 3 - 080 - Paul Williams WR Fresno State

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter who posted just 21/229/1 in seven games as a senior, missing extensive time with ankle and knee injuries. Junior totals were 43/729/7, when he was an All-Conference selection.

POSITIVES: Physically gifted receiver who comes off a disappointing campaign. Quick releasing off the line, sells routes and adjusts to the errant throw. Comes back to the ball making himself an available target, displays terrific focus as well as good eye/hand coordination.

NEGATIVES: Does not consistently play to his timed speed, nor does he show a second gear. Marginally aggressive, does not win out in battles and gives menial attempts blocking.

ANALYSIS: Looking like a star in the making after his junior campaign, Williams took a step back as a senior. Has the potential to be a productive second receiver at the next level, yet must get his game back on track.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/18951.html

Rd 4 - 115 - Leroy Harris OL, NC State
    Rd 4 - 128 - Chris Davis WR, Florida State
    Rd 5 - 152 - Antonio Johnson DL, Miss State
    Rd 6 - 188 - Joel Filani WR, Texas Tech
    Rd 6 - 204 - Jacob Ford DE, Central Arkansas
    Rd 6 - 206 - Ryan Smith CB, Florida
    Rd 7 - 223 - Mike Otto OT, Perdue
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,642 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Horrible pick. Griffin should not have been a 1st round pick much less a top 20 pick. The Titans will continue to take a step back this upcoming season. Lose Henry, short on receivers, lose Pacman and now this pick. Oh, and the Madden curse. Seems like it is already in effect.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,083 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    No it was a GREAT pick...anything to keep Dallas from Drafting him was a GREAT pick. :laugh2: Same with the Giants taking Ross.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I dont think Griffin was a horrible pick, but they need a CB more....should have taken Ross instead....Ross can also return kicks...
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,246 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I would have took Meriweather over Griffin but I like the Henry pick.

Grade: C
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,689 Messages
    4,962 Likes Received
    I have also read that Fisher intends to put Griffin at CB and that Williams has been abusing him.

That sounds like a nightmare if it continues.

I did not like they way they started their draft and I got less impressed as it went along. I don't see how they can possibly consider Henry an answer at RB. One of their better picks was Williams and I think they reached even with him.

Awful first draft with Fisher in control.