1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tennessee WR Hunter to enter 2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 18, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    Tennessee junior WR Justin Hunter announced on his Twitter page Monday that he will declare for the 2013 NFL Draft.
    Listed at 6-foot-4, 200, Hunter racked up 73 catches for 1,083 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior after suffering a torn left ACL three plays into his sophomore season. In 2012, Hunter wasn't quite the same explosive vertical threat he flashed the ability to be early in his college career, but he figures to regain flexibility and quickness a year removed from the knee reconstruction. He also struggled with dropped passes this year. Hunter still projects as a top-50 pick and top-five receiver drafted in April. Dec 17 - 4:14 PM
    Source: Justin Hunter on Twitter
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    Alex Brown ‏@ABXXV25
    Justin Hunter's fluidity for a long athlete, rare length/leaping skills/body control and overall catching radius are tempting. Crazy talent
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Alex Brown ‏@ABXXV25
    So I just now found out that Justin Hunter qualified for AAF World Junior Championships as a long jumper. Makes sense, but just found out...
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  3. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,103 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    He's a really good player, but did you post this cause you think Dallas should draft him? Cause we definitely won't. He's a 1st round talent, at the very worst an early 2nd round pick. Dallas has way more pressing needs. We need a #3 receiver to play in the slot, which Hunter is not. I think he winds up in Houston, St. Louis, or Seattle.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    I post stuff that I think is interesting. A WR anytime past round 1 would not shock me. If they draft their board and a guy they have with a mid 1st round grade is there in round 2 is there, nothing would shock me. Here is a guy I think could fall a ways and would give the O a deep speed element.
    132 Markus Wheaton WR 17 Oregon State Sr 6-0 182 4
  5. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Active Member

140 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Give me steadman bailey!
  6. IAmLegend

3,103 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Would love it. Very underrated receiver with speed.
  7. IAmLegend

3,103 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    If I had to guess I'd say waits to draft a receiver in the 3rd, 4th or maybe even 5th round. Maybe a guy like Kenny Stills of Oklahoma, Stedman Bailey of West Virginia, or Da'Rick Rodgers from Tennessee Tech. Either of those guys would be great.
  8. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

619 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Somewhat off-topic but my best friend was one of Justin Hunter's coaches in High School back in VA. Not sure if he keeps in touch with him or not, but if I hear anything interesting I will be sure to post it.