1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tenn's Patterson a mid-first rounder to Kiper

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 11, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Tennessee junior WR Cordarrelle Patterson is currently a mid-first rounder, or "maybe a little earlier than that," according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.
    Kiper believes Patterson is not on an NFL level in terms of route running and could be a top-five pick if he returns. This is quite a compliment for a receiver who has only completed one season of FBS level football. There is no doubting Patterson's playmaking ability from the receiver or running back sports, or as a returner, but he did struggle with physical coverage at times this season. Dec 11 - 2:12 PM
    Source: Go Vols Xtra

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131085/cordarrelle-patterson
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    I know what you are thinking Jerry. A little more fishing line and bubble gum on the O Line. Avoid the shiny objects.
  3. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,666 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    It surprises me as to how bad Tennessee was this year with the likes of Bray (an above average college QB), Hunter, and Patterson.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Patterson is a lawmaker but doesn't understand the playbook or how to run routes.
    He played one position and couldnt play any other WR spot. But you get him the ball and watch out. I like him and he has great potential but mid first is alittle to high for me.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,291 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    Cordarrelle Patterson's upside might be as high as anybody in this draft.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Maybe Dez could teach him.;)
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,291 Messages
    4,837 Likes Received
    It's his 1st year there in that system. He was a JUCO transfer.
  8. supercowboy8

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Yes I know that, I'm a big vol fan and season ticket holder. I have seen him play every game this year, when he gets the ball in his hands, watchout because he will make a play.

But even freshmen can learn the playbook and other WR positions. I like him and think he has great potential, but mid 1st for the cowboys when we have soany other needs would be a waste, I don't think he is worth a mid 1st. He needs another year to learn and mature but from what I'm hearing, he has Jo chamce of returning and has to enter the draft due to grades. He never went to class and wouldnt have been eligible for a nowl game if Tenn did make one.
  9. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,015 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Their defense was awful. Maybe the worst I've seen in Knoxville in the 30+ years I've been watching them.
  10. supercowboy8

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Yep we could almost out score anyone, put up major points on sec teams but just couldn't stop anyone