1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

T'eo of ND might have made UP story of dead girlfriend....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Jan 16, 2013.

1. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not surprising. Not at all.
  2. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    According to their piece, he said he met her in person at a Stanford game and that they would see each other in Hawaii. So finding it hard to believe he was just simply an unknowing victim.

And if he made something like this up, I doubt he is top 10. This is a just character red flag IMO. Something is clearly off in his head if he made up such an elaborate story.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    How so? I find it very surprising. And that is whether he was part of the duping or just a victim of it. Either way makes for a strange, surprising story.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Who hasn't had a fake girlfriend or two, most of us don't kill them off with Leukemia though.
  5. joseephuss

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    He only did that because the car wreck didn't kill her first.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    What if he's gay and this was all just a beard for himself? Not trying to be immature, serious question
  7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    an internet relationship? this dude could of got any girl to sleep with him at ND. I don't get it.
  8. joseephuss

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    It is still too elaborate of a story for that circumstance.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Matt Hayes ‏@Matt_HayesSN
    Te'o cried right in front of me. Now it's all a hoax. What in this world coming to? Column soon @sportingnews
    Retweeted by Lou Merloni
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,943 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    What about the phone calls?
  11. joseephuss

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...ry-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Te'o issued a statement Tuesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."
  12. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Diddnt they meet?

This is a riot. What an absolute fraud.
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,943 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Now with the above statement and Te'o confirming the phone calls. What the hell? Who did he talk to then?
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........that doesn't pass the SNIFF test son....this is gonna get worse for him I have a feeling: what a DOLT if what he says is true, and if it isn't: well he better buckle his seatbelt.:laugh2:
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,845 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    That ******** article referenced a story of how he met her in Palo Alto after a game. They supposedly exchanged phone numbers.

I call bull on Manti being a victim. Tuiasosopo is the fall guy.
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Watching him play against Alabama, I'm not sure his effectiveness as a linebacker wasn't a hoax.
  17. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Im wondering if Manti Teo is even real at this point.
  18. joseephuss

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    He looked good playing against the Big 10. So did Barbie Carpenter.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    this is crazy! :lmao2:
  20. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received