1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Terence Newman media conference call tweets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez
    T-New on Dez: 'I’m proud of the guy. He’s taken a lot of criticism like I have and he’s fought through it and made himself better.'

T-New blames some of poor play on not knowing Ryan scheme well enough, but no excuse. 'I didn’t play the way I should’ve down the stretch.'

Newman says Dallas will be home. ‘Once the season’s over, I’ll be back, me and Hatcher will be on the golf course as usual, having fun.’

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN
    CB Terence Newman said he is not bitter over departure from Dallas. But he is disappointed Jerry Jones didn't talk to him on way out.
  2. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Ouch. That quote about Jones not talking to him is most unpleasant.

Newman always seemed decent enough of a guy.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    zimmer just seems to get Tnew like no other coach he had. Happens that way sometimes.
  4. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Jean-Jacques Taylor

Terence Newman has yielded 45 receptions in 75 attempts for 536 yards w/3 TDs and 2 INTs and 7 PD. opposing QBs have 84.1 PR against him
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,634 Likes Received
    TNew's a quirky dude. Underrated in Dallas for a long time; I hope we roast him this weekend.

(And, thanks, WG, for posting this, btw).
  6. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,626 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Newman was always a classy guy.....Could have been great if he stayed healthy, and didn't have a memory of an elephant.

It seemed when he would make a bad play, it would stick with him, and he just tried not to play bad, which hurt him/us even more
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,831 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    you gotta be like Deion- no memory of anything at all
  8. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    That seems out of character for Jerry. Most players who leave have nothing but good things to say about him.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    This. :D

Loved the guy as a Cowboy but want to see Austin run the crossing route in front of him and take it to the house. :p:
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,626 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    No Dez........I need my fantasy points. Playoffs this week :)
  11. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    It's a shame TNew had to leave how he did. I still wish him the best for his career, except Sunday of course.
  12. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,107 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    This can't be true, because the were many here who railed on and on that TNew was awesome, unfairly criticized for his play and that those criticizing him were fools.

Since you know everything about football, you guys (you know who you are) should tweet TNew and let him know that he doesn't know anything about football, because he DID know the scheme and DID play well.
  13. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Newman played terrible down the stretch.
  14. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,604 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    He was a good Cowboy, and I wish him nothing but the best. Except for this Sunday.
  15. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Agreed, but he was pretty solid once he came back from injury.

But suggesting he was awesome and all that jazz by Cowboyz88 is just more hyperbole.
  17. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,107 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Come on WG, I'm just razzing the guys who fancy themselves "experts" on all things football.

Some guys on here (mods included, but not you WG) think they know everything about everything and love to berate those who might have an opinion of their own (especially when it's not popular).

TNew himself said he didn't play well down the stretch which flies in the face of some of the supposed experts.
  18. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    I get you were razzing guys, but it doesn't really help the tone of the site, ya know?

But outside of that, I just don't think your assertion is true. Newman was playing well when he first returned from his injury...and yes, there were guys crowing about it.

But even guys I know were huge Newman supporters backed off that down the stretch. No way any reasonable person could defend Newman towards the end of the season.
  19. Givincer

Givincer Well-Known Member

1,825 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    That's not really too bad. Certainly must be better than last year.
  20. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Jerry is just.........ugh