1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Terence Newman media conference call tweets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,392 Messages
    1,034 Likes Received

anyone have brandon carr's numbers?
  2. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Newman was a above avg to good cb at best.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Bing Bing Bing Bing! We have a WINNER !!!

If more people would understand what you said here, the site would be 100x better.
  4. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    He stole plenty of jj money he didn't need to speak to him
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    You're not razzing anybody I've ever seen post on this site. I was as big a Newman supporter as we've got and I know I was explicit about his performance, when it was good and when it was bad. He was bad the last quarter of the season the last two years here, no doubt about it.

I think you might be having an argument with somebody in your head. That's cool, though, for me, because the one thing you're right about: I do like to berate people who have weak opinions of their own. :)
  6. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,766 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    In the effort to try to turn over a new leaf, I will try to be less snarky to those who don't agree with me.

I hope they can do the same.

The bottom line is if we all knew as much as we think we do, we'd be in team meetings right now and not hashing it out on a message board.

Perhaps we can all realize that.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Same here.. I have Dez on my team and he has been tearing it up. I have a first round bye though.. so I need him to come up big against pitt.
  8. basballguy

basballguy New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please take Terrance Newman with you when you leave town Sunday night.
  9. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

991 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    I always respected T-New as a good guy. I felt bad for him last season when he got burned so much. I don't for an instant believe he deliberately sluffed off. I think he worked hard and tried to play well, but it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe he wasn't a good fit for Ryan's scheme. In any event, I wish him well, except for on Sunday.
  10. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,969 Messages
    946 Likes Received

Ha, a Cincy lurker. How do you like his aggressive coverage? He actually looks better this year than last, if that's any consolation. He was paid a fortune in his waning years here and was torched on a regular basis. A nice guy, but hugely overpaid and ineffective in recent years, more Jerry's fault than his.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    I've seen a lot of players who leave here say that. I don't know if it's right or wrong but my gut feeling is maybe he should say something? Am I being to sensitive?
  12. basballguy

basballguy New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I live in arlington so i've watched him his whole career....he still makes the same bonehead mistakes he was making his rookie year.

Can't stand him.
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I watched Newman play this year and he has been better than I expected. Easily better than he played in his last two years in Dallas.
  14. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Jerry probably tried to talk with Newman but Newman was giving him a ten yard cushion and Jones couldn't get close enough.
  15. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,472 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Your post pleases me.
  16. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    He has played good but the offense still pass to his side without hesitation when the qb needs a play.
  17. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

380 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I saw a tweet from Tim McMahon where profootballfocus, which grades every player for every play, had the following in their CB rankings for the year:
    Adam Jones #15
    Terrance Newman #29
    Morris Claiborne #63
    Brandon Carr #100.

As far as I know, PFF does NOT account/weight for Opponent Strength the way Football Outsiders or KC Joyner (ESPN "Football Scientist") does, so if that were factored in, the rankings would probably be a little different. Also, Jones and Newman aren't every game starters, so they're typically facing #2, #3, and #4 WRs; whereas Carr and Claiborne battle #1s and #2s much more frequently. Still. The raw numbers are a tad depressing despite the numerous reasoning and explanations.
  18. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,969 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    While there is clearly some arbitrariness in CB grading systems, it would seem that QB's have a very high completion % against Carr, and to a lesser extent Mo.
  19. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    91 Likes Received
  20. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

653 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Yes, things like, "yes he was like a favorite uncle to me. Paid me right up front on a long contract and I really didn't have to play that hard to keep my starting position. No pressure at all with Jerry".