1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Terrance Williams

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Sep 4, 2013.

1. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I see a lot of Troy Williamson in him.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    Did you know you have the power to change your sig?
    mcompact and Hoods like this.
  3. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    LOL i turned sigs off because im mostly participatin from mobile nowadays. I should probably update a few things.
    ScipioCowboy likes this.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I would say he doesn't have as much upside as Gordon, but that's not a bad thing. Gordon is just a very talented player.
  5. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Lol....
    nake likes this.
  6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,089 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    I'd still think he looks raw and a year or 2 away from contributing
  7. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    All he has to do is be better than Ogletree. Thats not too much to ask for IMO.
    blackbull, mcompact and Carl23 like this.
  8. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,198 Messages
    1,409 Likes Received
    People think every player needs to be Ware or Bryant.

Reality is Williams can play a role on this offense, and in doing so, take it to another level, very similar to what Laurent Robinson did. There was nothing special about Laurent Robinson at all.
  9. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

712 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Sim
  10. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,934 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    He has a good feel for getting open. That's the key in the NFL. Can't believe we got him where we did.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Untrue, Robinson was great at ad-libbing. It's an underrated talent that usually gets coached out of players, that's why you see guys run a route and if they're covered at the end of it they just stand there with their hands down like the play is over. The reason Robinson isn't on a team right now isn't because he was a dime a dozen, it's because of his health.

As far as Williams' role this year, I think WR's notoriously have a hard time picking things up right when they get in the league. I'm just looking for him to keep improving, I certainly hope we aren't relying on him to do anything much more than that.
  12. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,451 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    And that's not out of the ordinary. It's take a few years for most WRs to develop. It's just to bad that we'll get tons of accusations that he's a bust if he's not great this year.
  13. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    He was drafted to be a deep threat and stretch the defense. If he can do that our passing game will be extremely difficult to matchup against, less bracket coverage on Dez and Miles.

The Ravens passing game took off in the playoffs and a key part was the threat of their #3 guy Jacoby Jones stretching the field. If T-Will can give us that I'll be more than happy with him. Doesn't necessarily need to put up big numbers, just make the defense account for him and capitalize on his opportunities down the field.
    iceman117 likes this.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,676 Messages
    9,904 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,676 Messages
    9,904 Likes Received
    He's going to be fine. He's got the talent but he's also in a good situation where he doesn't have to carry a huge load on offense right away. He doesn't have to start and he doesn't really have to be the 3rd WR this year. Dwayne Harris is more than capable.
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,089 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    It used to be pretty widely accepted that WRs took a few years to make the trasition to the NFL but thanks to a few guys in recent years a lot of people seem to expect instant transitions now, you don't have to go more then a year back in time to see people calling Dez a bust and now he's the biggest star on the team
  17. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,109 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Looks like he has potential as a developmental player, goes down pretty easy from what I saw on the highlights. Looks like he has decent speed and hands tho.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Welcome to the minority.
  19. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,484 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    Yeah, this guy is NOT as talented as Josh Gordon physically.

Gordon is a big time knucklehead though.

Williams is also in a much better situation.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received

Agreed, but Williams has that look like he could become one of those guys that just kills you with his route running ability. Like a Torry Holt type. (Even though there is absolutley no signs of this and im actually shocked at how raw he really is in his technique)

Josh Gordon kinda reminds me of Hakeem Nicks. That kind of receiver.