1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Terry Glenn out 2-3 weeks *Merged Update*

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Murph80, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Knee swelled up. Crayton will start.
  2. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not worried-hopefully, as the season progresses, he'll get stronger and 100% healthy.:cool:
  3. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,517 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    And you know this how?

You do realize that swelling is common when you start using an injured joint after not using it for awhile, right?

You do realize that as long as the swelling isn't infectious fluid or so bad it limits range of motion, that it isn't going to stop him from playing right?

You do realize that we have been overly cautious with every injury so far under Phillips...it's been, if it's not 100%, you don't practice right?
  4. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This was reported on rotoworld.com.
  5. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rotoworld is no better than the National Enquirer. Come here FIRST for updates.
  6. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's also being reported by the Dallas Morning news.
  7. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,517 Messages
    802 Likes Received

Oh, really?
    Glenn has swelling in knee

Wade Phillips said Terry Glenn sat out of today's practice because of swelling in his right knee, which was scoped Aug. 1. Phillips didn't feel like answering any follow-up questions or speculating on Glenn's status for Sunday.

"It is what it is or whatever they say nowadays," said Phillips, who broke the news that Sam Hurd and Miles Austin would play against the Giants.

Just where does that say he's out?:rolleyes:
  8. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They failed to mention that Phillips said it would be a gametime thing with Glenn, just like Newman and Ellis.
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's not good that he missed today. Thursdays are typically the major "dress rehersal" practice, and Fridays are typically just a walk though. When you look at the fact that he hasn't practiced in a month and can't make it through back to back days three days before the game, it's not hard to do the math.
  10. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not looking good!!
  11. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Newman's and Glenn's injuires are concerning me for this game.

2 of our very best players. With them I am certain we win, without them I am not as confident.

Hopefully both can play, but I do not want to chance anything.
  12. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,077 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Crayton and Hurd need to step up.
  13. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I really wish they didn't say that nowadays.... it's like nails on chalkboard for me.:banghead:
  14. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received

Why sweat it! If they don't play and we lose, so what? It's just 0 - 1 to start the season.....BUT, if the Cowboys win the game with Crayton and Hurd in the line up, can you imagine the confidence this team will have after the game?

;)
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received

But it's true, peplaw. Same applies to you and I...we are what we are. Basic fact of life...

;)
  16. Champsheart

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Because I do not want 0-1 damn it. :banghead:

I sweat any Dallas loss. Not that we will lose, just concerned if they can not go.
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,207 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    I have a feeling that Glenn WILL play. ;)
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,482 Messages
    3,799 Likes Received
    I hope Glenn will play but I do feel confident in Crayton and Hurd to go out and produce along with TO if by some chance Glenn can't go.
  19. Champsheart

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I definelty feel a whole lot better about that than Newman being out. Hopefully Newman can go and be effective.

Glenn is a very important part of this offense though and stretches the field unlike Crayton or Hurd.
  20. jchocolate82

jchocolate82 Member

678 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm not as concerned about Glenn being in the game cause with TO and Witten we're still more than good with the offensive side of the ball. I'm more concerned over Newman maybe not playing cause we'll feel that bite there more than with Glenn out.