1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes I have watched them. He doesn't get as much attention as Ware period. Even if he did how can you put him above Ware when it's barely week 5? You can't. Don't be ridiculous. If he keeps playing this way the rest of the year and Ware falls off a little bit than maybe he'll have an argument.
  2. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    How can I? I watch the games. Ives seen every minute of both teams. Right now he is out performing ware and he gets as much attention as ware. That's not saying ware sucks just watt is playing better RIGHT NOW. People act like if anyone says someone is better than our best players we are slamming our players. Lol
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok so by your logic Matt Scahaub is better than Tony Romo?
  4. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Actually, if you believe Gruden, they play a 5-2, which helps Watt get single blockers instead of double teamed constantly. Scheming to put your best players in positions to make plays. Quite a concept.

Edit - I just looked it up, straight from Wade's mouth: "They say ‘3-4’, ‘4-3’, all that," Phillips said at the Texans' annual Charity Golf Classic. "We really play a 5-2. We play five defensive linemen that can rush the passer and two inside 'backers who can tackle people."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...2”-front/22e614bb-8639-4cee-834c-ee09ee32910a
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    :bang2:

Total BS about Watt but hey our fan base is not really noted for its intelligence
  6. Little Jr

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Is he playing better than romo? Yes but I don't think he is better. I never said watt is better than ware. I said RIGHT NOW he is playing better than ware. Giving other players a compinent doesn't mean I'm being negative about our players. Lol. Would I trade ware for watt? Hell no but that doesn't mean watt isn't playing better.

I'm pretty sure you or others don't watch texan games. Watch them like you watch the cowboys and your opinion might change. Or maybe not. Where I live I'm forced to watch them. Lol
  7. Little Jr

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    He gets a lot of double teams regardless of the d they play. He's the player the other team scheme for. Not sure why everyone want to dicard what he is doing.
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Nobody discarded anything, just having a discussion. Don't worry, your seat on the Watt bandwagon is still warm.

And if you think a defensive front with 5 DL doesn't drastically reduce the amount of double-teams they face, I don't know what to tell you.
  9. Little Jr

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Lol if someone tells me that watt isnt the best d player in the nfl RIGHT NOW then they are discarding what he has done. Trust me you want find 1 person who hates the texans more than me. I try my best not to give them or any of their players credit but its kind of hard not to give watt credit. By doing that doesn't mean I slamming ware. I would take ware over watt everytime. Charley texanssuck Moffett is my user name on fb. Anyone feel free to look me up id you doubt my hatred for the texans.