1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas Executes Leal Despite Objections

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by zrinkill, Jul 8, 2011.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    (AOL Voice) Goodbye.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Humberto Leal Abducted 16-year old Adria Saveda from a party in San Antonio.
    Saveda was raped with a piece of lumber and her head was crushed by a 35-pound piece of asphalt. Her nude body was found near a creek with the piece of lumber still protruding from her.

Yes I would say the man got what he deserved. If others want to feel sorry for him fine by me but this scum will never hurt another young girl or destroy another family.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No he didn't. He didn't get a 10th of what he deserved.
  5. Doomsday101

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    I will not argue that I will say the man will no longer be a threat to anyone.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,217 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Are there people who feel sorry for him? Was that ever an issue?
  7. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    Agreed

Agreed
  8. Doomsday101

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Believe me there will be many who will complain because this man was executed and how unjust we are.
  9. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    Yes there are idiots who want to protect this monster.

http://www.care2.com/causes/humberto-leal.html
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,155 Messages
    2,750 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you don't agree Zrin?
  11. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I think that is obvious.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,648 Messages
    2,657 Likes Received
    I don't care that the guy is dead now..actually I do care and think it is a good thing so that is one less rapist out there.

What I do care about is the reason "some" were objecting or wanting it delayed.

Basically the state law enforcement did not follow law.

Some may say so what...he deserved to die.
    And before some person starts acting like this is defending his actions (as often happens when someone has a different take on this board), I is not a good thing to first not adhere to this law and then deny it later.

The reason being is pretty obvious for those that want to dig into it and want to consider the treaty/law in effect for US citizens in other countries that get arrested. Hard to rail on those countries breaking that law, when we do it ourselves.

And being that it is a treaty that we signed...

US Constitution
    Article VI
    Clause 2

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
  13. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I would like to see the evidence of that.
  14. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice job.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,648 Messages
    2,657 Likes Received
    As soon as you show me evidence that they did. :D

I am just going by the article and explaining why there were "some" objections.:cool:
  16. joseephuss

20,217 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    That is my understanding as well. And those objections aren't made necessarily for this specific guy and case, but for the repercussions it may cause for U.S. citizens who are in other countries.
  17. zrinkill

32,639 Messages
    396 Likes Received
  18. Doomsday101

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    If a US citizen goes out and rapes and murders in another country they deserve the punishment under that country law. I think anytime a US citizen goes to any country we are obligated to abide by their laws. Humberto Leal was given a trial by Jury "in a system that many here have argued is the best there is" and found guilty of capital murder.
  19. joseephuss

20,217 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    I agree. Of course this is an extreme example of someone committing heinous crimes and actually being guilty. What if someone is falsely accused? Not this particular guy who got what he deserved, but a hypothetical U.S. citizen in another country. That is why the questions or objections were raised. The recognizing of treaties and such falls under "abide by their laws".
  20. Doomsday101

74,851 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    and US citizen get arrested in Mexico and I have seen many occasions where they will blackmail to get money out of the family here in the states. These countries are not doing any favors. This is nothing more than an anti death penalty move by the Mexican Government and not the 1st time this has taken place. Our Supreme Court has ruled and found in favor of the State of Texas in this case as they have in others