1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas Fight! Texas Fight!

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Biggems, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    and it's goodbye to A&M

Thanks for a helluva rivalry.......but don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!

Long live the curse of the Big 12.....

HOOK EM HORNS
  2. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    HORNS BABY!!!!!

Enjoy the taste of that loss for a while aggies :D
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,822 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    And to add insult to injury, Bevo left his business all over Reveille just before he walked out of Kyle field for the final time......
  4. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]ReYfu5E-hOE[/youtube]

Don't go away mad wittle ATM, just go away.
  5. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a horrible game from the Ags. The Horns offense couldn't move the ball so we set them up on field position with horrible special teams and throws directly to the DBs. Tannehill went from clutch to choke artist pretty quick.
  6. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TAM is and always will be in Texas' shadow. Glad the rivalry ended the way it did with Texas on top. Going into the season A&M had the hopes and dreams and expected to do something. What a failure of a season. Texas wasn't expected to do much but still sit at 7-4 with a bad QB. :lmao2: :lmao2: Have fun in your new conference A&M. I doubt you'll find it much better over there.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a GREAT Thanksgiving Day it was!!!

The Boys win on a field goal as time expires, then the Horns go out and do the exact same thing...

When the exultation wore off, though, some sadness remained... a rivalry that has 118 games to its credit is no more... that ain't right...

No Horns-Aggies on Thanksgiving weekend ain't right, either... but I got over the demise of the Texas-Arkansas rivalry, I reckon I'll survive this one ending...

But now, I've got all these great Aggie jokes going to waste... for example:

Why does it cost an Aggie four bucks to get his hair cut??

Buck a side...

Why does an Aggie carry a turd in his pocket??

There's actually two correct answers for that one-- 1) identification, or 2) spare parts...

Don't get mad at me, Aggies, I've gotta get it out of my system... :D
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did he really, or are you just having fun??

If it's the former, I've just GOT to have a gif of that one... LOL...
  9. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be fair, he was under some serious heat most of the game...

The exception being the play where Diaz chose to rush 3 (on that final A&M scoring drive), allowing Tannehill to run for some major yardage... that was a curious defensive play call...
  10. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would understand if it was the first time it happened, but he has been making those bad throws far more often than he did last season. He blew it big time in the games against OK State and OU as well.

The silver lining to this game is that Bullock's effort tonight should lock up the Groza Award. I'm sure this is Hostile's favorite college football award :laugh2:
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He told me in a PM that he looks forward to that announcement even more than the announcement of the Heisman Trophy winner...

Deep down, I think he harbors fantasies of getting a job as a kicker in the NFL...

I'll see y'all when I get back from this temp ban... :D
  12. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Another 2nd half collapse by A&M. Mike Sherman is done after next year. This was his one season to get some job security because obviously 2012 will be rough adjusting to the SEC and he blew it. Good recruiter but horrible coach.

I'll be shocked if Texas isn't in the national championship by 2013, maybe even 2012 considering the Big 12 is set for a down year. OK State won't be as good, and OU/Baylor could lose their QBs to the NFL. Manny Diaz probably hangs around 2 more years maximum
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Why should A&M wait until after next year? A&M in their 6 losses have been outscored 76-7 in the 3rd quarter. That is horrible and that is all on the coaching.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Well, the party line is that they want to maintain some continuity as they move into an unfamiliar conference. But I'm with you. A&M is so talented and to continue to lose like they have is almost incredible. I wonder what Aggie fans think about this Sherman topic.

And I'm not a fan of either team, but I still think A&M is making the right move in going to a superior and much more stable conference.
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I agree, if it were me, I'd get rid of Sherman ASAP. The guy seems to have lost that locker room and who in their right mind would want to go there and play for that guy.

They might as well just bite the bullet and start all over from scratch. It might be ugly for a while but at least they'd be headed in the right direction. Mike Sherman is the equivalent of the Cowboys hiring Wade Phillips. You know long-term, neither guy is winning anything so the ceiling is limited.
  16. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is hard for me to blame this loss on Sherman when it was a huge punt return and several turnovers that allowed UT to score 17 points in the 3rd quarter. With both RBs out for the game he had to trust Tannehill and that proved fatal. If he doesn't hire an OC to call plays I'd like to see him gone.
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A&M lost to one of the worst offenses in the modern era of college football last night because they couldnt get out of their own way. Mike Sherman absolutely must go, it has become unacceptable to the point of absurdity.
  18. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    At what point do they quit blaming the coach and maybe just realize their recruits aren't all they're cracked up to be though? Slocum was scapegoated despite supposedly great recruits, Franchione was supposed to walk on water and he proved cowardly when he blamed Slocum for his recruits not working out, Sherman has been gentleman enough not to do that, but why aren't these so called great recruits living up to the hype and if they are as good as advertised why can't A&M find a credible coach to coach them?
  19. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I wonder if they would consider hiring Wade Phillips, he might be a pretty ace college coach.
  20. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spoken like an Aggie homer... your hyperbole is quite amusing, but bears little resemblance to reality...

The truth is, the Horns rank 48th in total offense in the NCAA, out of 120 teams... so they're not even close the worst offense this year, let alone "one of the worst offenses in the modern era of college football"... in fact, they're averaging over 400 yards per game this season...

I can only assume that your rage at losing to the Horns in the final game of this bitterly fought series led to wildly exaggerate the state of the Horns' offense... mind you, I'm not happy with the offense either, but it's nowhere near as bad as you're suggesting...

Enjoy being a doormat in the SEC... couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Aggies... :D