1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas law overrides NFL policy banning armed off-duty officers at games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by anava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,434 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I trust you aren't stating because a law is passed the majority of the people in that area support it or feel it is appropriate. I doubt this board is a good sampling of Texas public opinion. I suspect the majority of texas residents didn't even know what the law even was let alone feel is appropriate.

BTW, when did Texas start granting citizenship.
  2. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,281 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Dude you really have no clue about Texas do you? Its one of the most Pro-gun states there is. Most of the people there are fiercely independent. If a state was going to leave the Union, Texas would be first. Texas is the state where you can shoot someone breaking into your neighbor's home and not face criminal charges. Hell I bet half the state has concealed carry permits. I am pretty sure Texans really don't care about the law.
    justbob likes this.
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,233 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I am trying to be clear because it seems a bit ridiculous IMO.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,686 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    Canadian likes stirring things up - he says what ever it takes to get a reaction
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,923 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    What actually happens is on the officer. However, this is how it is supposed to work.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,923 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    I hope that you, as a citizen of Canada don't believe for one minute that you have any say in what Texas does with their own laws or that your opinion even matters in this situation.

The more important question to you should be, when did Texas grant you citizen ship in order to have any valid opinion on it?
  7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,935 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    LEOSA is definitely a great law. When I retire (became eligible last week), I can still carry without a permit. I can't, however, carry on a plane after I retire like I can now. That part sucks.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    What sucks about it?
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,348 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    I think that business owners should be able to run their businesses as they see fit. This is like smoking bans in my view.
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,351 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    US citizens are also citizens of the states in which they reside, unless they live overseas, in which case they are citizens of the state in which they last resided (i.e that's where they can vote).If they never resided in any state, then I have no idea, but you are technically correct in that its not the states that determine this, but the federal constitution.

I imagine its similar in Canada, i.e. Ted Cruz can probably vote in Alberta elections. :eek: