1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas National Guard put on High Alert...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trying to find confirmation, but from what I've read from multiple sources (granted, mostly blogs and such) is that this was in direct defiance of an order from Washing the last few days. Again, I'm looking for some more mainstream sources on both the alert, and to what extent this was in "violation" or "defiance" of a federal order... Hard to find breaking news on a Sunday other than sports and blogs unfortunately...
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dear Obama:
    You want a shovel ready project?
    How about the border?
    Capitalize on one of Bush's screw ups.
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did get to see Dan Patrick on Fox News, and he was "mad as hell, and he wasn't going to take it any more!" sometime last week. I'll see if I can dig up the video. Think Glenn Beck interviewed him.

His premise was, they're trying (read: pleading) with the administration to do something and getting a cold shoulder, committee hearings, blue ribbon panels (the usual "do nothing" routine). He suggested then calling up the Texas Army National Guard with or without Washington's help
  5. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.foxnews.com/video/index....ralObject=3624924&referralPlaylistId=playlist

Here's the Dan Patrick interview from last week...even there he says we should call up the guard...but at the time he was hoping for Washington's assistance.

Again, I'm sure on Mon you'll be able to comfirm or deny this report better, once the "regular" news picks up on the story (or refutes it). In the meantime we have to settle for "sodapop", "lolipop", and "pizzaslice" blogs...
  6. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,708 Messages
    245 Likes Received
  7. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man, I could hear some heavy arms being discharged in that vid...sounded like .50cal
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    this the same obama who said "do nothing" was not an option for "his" ideas?
  9. sbark

3,708 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Texas is a "Red" state.....doing nothing is 1st option, heck Texas doenst even want his "funny money"
  10. iceberg

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    these times are about as unstable as it's ever been, huh?
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    How close are you Texans on this board to this sort of thing?
    Is it affecting you in any way?
  12. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't worry, if Obama has failed here (and let's be clear....Bush did as well), I'll be one of the first to smack him around on this thread. But I always try to be fair...we just may have to wait until the regular media wakes up and goes back to work on Monday morning before we know any details.
  13. iceberg

28,220 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    not yet, but i'll feel better when my shotgun gets here.

still debating the rifle. i like the wetherby 7mm.
  14. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you mean, are we dodging gunfire and narco-gang wars, no, at least not in North Dallas. The attitude of Texans, though, is that we WILL NOT ever allow it to get to that point. Think of us as Israel on the Rio Grande. I've heard that there has been increased Mexican narco-gang activity here the last few years, however. It's yet to boil over this far north though, at least to the degree that the average Joe and Jane notice it. Further south, esp in the El Paso area is a different story.
  15. sbark

3,708 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    its beginning to feel like we are living thru a Movie...Orwell 1984?
  16. sbark

3,708 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    better get 1 quick......
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3731/is_200203/ai_n9083907

Article basically says Natl Gd units are under Fed Control.......Obama could nix the call up?....probably depends on his mood for that day...how did his 1 on 1 game go that morning?

going to have to defend the border with a citizen militia.....
  17. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sign me up.
  18. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You want a completely nightmare scenario? Well, you're going to get one anyway :rolleyes:

Bear in mind, none of this (I mean *none* of this) is based on any information I have, just a brainstorm...

What if the TX National Guard story is true. What if Washington doesn't like it and throws a fit. What if TX doesn't back down. What if Washinton then simply orders those guardsmen to Afghanistan....
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    I can't find anything about this in the news. The only thing I can find is on blogs and political websites. I think there's a good chance this is complete BS.
  20. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, more likey Texas would simply defy any order to stand down. See may "nightmare scenario" post on how Washington might react to that...