1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

tfydraft: Draft Insider News & Notes: Week of 4-16-19th

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6265

Staying on the offensive line, why has Kevin Zeitler moved up boards and why is he getting first round consideration by a number of teams? According to several sources many feel Zeitler is as NFL ready as any guard in the draft and could break into a starting line-up early in his rookie career. He does not possess the upside of the other guards graded immediately above or below him, yet has little in the way of downside.

- Fast rising Shea McClellin of Boise State is getting a lot of consideration at middle/inside linebacker by a number of teams, including the Dallas Cowboys, who we reported last week will explore trading down from the 14th spot. McClellin showed at the Senior Bowl he could quickly adjust to a number of traditional linebacker spots. McLellin continues to move north on draft boards. We were told one franchise tried to squeeze him in for a last minute visit but there was no room on the schedule.

- Word from the Windy City is the Chicago Bears are more likely to take a defensive lineman in round one then look for a slot receiver in the second or third frame based on the strengths of each position in the draft. If Michael Brockers of LSU is there we hear the team will select him. Last week we reported Chicago has an interest in Shea McLellin. We now hear Whitney Mercilus of Illinois has been ranked high on the teams board. Mercilus did visit the Bears and was worked out privately by the team.
  2. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    4-9th I think I posted this but if not, here you go:
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6238

Scouts are mixed as to where Cam Johnson of Virginia best fits at the next level; as a 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker. We feel he’s best suited for the former as do many around him. That said Johnson is receiving heavy interest from a number of 3-4 teams including the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers.

- Speaking of the Dallas Cowboys, we’ve been pretty good about knowing the teams moves in advance but their draft plans have been a bit tougher to pinpoint this year. Cordy Glenn was the name passed around at the combine and over the past few weeks we’ve spoken about Dontari Poe and Mark Barron being targets for the team. The latest we hear is the team is very high on David DeCastro and will also explore opportunities to trade down in round one.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,899 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I have no issues with Shea obviously, even at 14 depending who is on the board but for ILB makes zero sense.
  4. cowboyjoe

28,120 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    question sdogo? I dont think shea will go that high, from reports ive heard later in 1st round, but he is more like the patrots ex great LB, cant think of his name right now, but he can be moved all over the field. Can Shea also play OLB Sdogo, didnt he do that at college and also play some DE?

I think this is what teams are seeing in Shea, I think shea could go later in 1st, somewhere around where patriots are picking 1st rd.