1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TFYDraft: Pre-Combine News & Notes Feb 14th

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 14, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Pre-Combine News & Notes
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6131
    14 Feb

As we move closer to the combine here’s the latest news and notes making their way around the scouting world as players, coaches and NFL decision makers prepare to descend on Indianapolis. Feb 14th: Updates on Toone, Burfict & Boykin

- Sources tell me the recent injury, or re-injury. to the foot of Nick Toon/WR/Wisconsin, continues to be an issue. Evidently in recent training for the combine, specifically when working on starts for the forty, Toone was experiencing significant foot pain. Everyone we’ve spoke with say its unlikely the Wisconsin receiver runs at the combine.

- On the other hand I’ve been told the reported broken leg suffered by Brandon Boykin/CB/Georgia at the Senior Bowl was nothing more than a leg injury and is a dead issue as far as teams are concerned. Boykin has been training for the combine and we hear he looks sharp. There’s been no definite word on whether or not he’ll run in Indianapolis.
  2. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,019 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Burflict at less than 15 reps on the bench..Wow, must be injured.
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wasn't even aware Boykin had a broken/leg injury.

I'll believe Ingram's times when I see them. I would be impressed if he ran a 4.6, but I think something in the 4.7s is more realistic.
  4. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Could Barron's hernia thing cause him to slip far enough we could grab him in the second?
  5. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,460 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Something happened at the end of the Shrine Game, but nobody was real specific on it. Someone put it out there that he had broken his leg, but that was dispelled quickly.
  6. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received

I don't think JG will even think about selecting Burflict in the draft. He's just not the type of player JG likes at all.