1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thank You Letter from Barack‏

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Jun 25, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My fellow Americans:

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change. Rev Wright really isn't a bad guy, and he never said those things nor did I ever hear anything about that while I was there for 20 years - really, thank you for believing.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee with whom he was having an extra marital affair and who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them. And we know how so many voters hate thinking, especially about important issues like, war, nuclear weapons in the hands of Iran, N. Korea, or terrorists. Not to mention energy, taxes, social security, and immigration to name a few. No problem, you won't hear anything about those bothersome topics from me while campaigning.

Americans are tired of thinking. It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart. So when you go to vote, remember, don't think, just do. And do it for me.

Thank You,

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
  2. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That's the most profoundly ignorant thing I've ever read on this forum... did you write it yourself??
  5. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,065 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Ahh c'mon, it was quite witty and you know it:D
  6. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Truth hurts......
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The ignorance lies in anybody who thinks that little diatribe came CLOSE to the "truth"...

Truth-- America had "combat advisers" in Vietnam as early as 1959, before Kennedy was elected... so JFK did NOT "start Vietnam"...

Truth-- it was J. Edgar Hoover who was taping prominent Americans, and he was doing it without the Attorney General's knowledge... blaming RFK for that is revisionist history, in point of fact ol' J. Edgar loathed both of the Kennedy brothers, and would gleefully have stuck a knife in their backs...

Truth-- you have no proof at all that Mary Jo Kopechne was pregnant at the time of her death...

That's just small sampling of the idiocy in this little rant...
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For satire to be really effective, it has to bear some relationship to the truth... this tripe falls far short of that standard...
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,024 Messages
    3,236 Likes Received
  10. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    There's nothing quite like the smell of fear.

Fear of losing the election that is.

:laugh2:
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you seriously think he is going to win you are delusional.
  14. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Says the poster boy for it.

Can't wait to see you going off the bridge that night.

:p:
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll make you a deal. Let's see if you are willing to do it. If Obama wins I will use him as my avatar for a month. If he doesn't you put Bush in yours for a month. And I mean a good pic, not some goofy one. It has to be approved by the other poster.

Wanna make that bet???
  16. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,065 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Concord!!! Concord!!! Concord!!! You can do it!!!:D
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    ....:D
  18. Cajuncowboy