That 1 guy you REALLY don't want to see drafted at 28

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Mar 19, 2017.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

34,021 Messages
    11,202 Likes Received
    But he wasn't drafted in the first round, where his talent said he should go but his injury said otherwise.

See the similarities?

2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

5,676 Messages
    2,685 Likes Received
    The UConn safety.

Kolemmitt and reddyuta like this.
  3. tyke1doe

34,021 Messages
    11,202 Likes Received
    True, but Haden was considered the top corner in his respective draft. Tabor is not.
    Second, Haden ran a 4.57; Tabor ran a 4.63. Psychologically a 4.5 looks better than a 4.6.
    Third, Tabor has a reputation that Haden did not, as far as I recall.
    Fourth, there are better, faster corners in this draft than there were in Haden's class.

4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

7,433 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    I'd take Ross off this above list and then agree with it. I would add the UConn S and Harris.

5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

10,174 Messages
    11,099 Likes Received
    Anyone on offense. IF the best player in your highest tier is an offensive player...try like hell to trade down.

6. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

7,076 Messages
    6,884 Likes Received
    I saw that moron on NFL Nets Path To The Draft last week. Not sure which was worse - Tabor wearing ridiculous gold sparkling sneakers, or saying that if he wins the bet with Jamal Adams on who gets drafted higher, he wants to go on a trip to Amsterdam. :facepalm:

Macnalty likes this.
  7. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

1,625 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Didn't really know too much about the guy till I saw him on Path to the Draft. What an A-hole ! Want absolutely nothing to do with this kid - no matter what round, But in the first ... watch out TV...

reddyuta and Macnalty like this.
  8. tyke1doe

34,021 Messages
    11,202 Likes Received
    He made that bet with Jamal Adams?
    I guess you do have to question his sanity. That's like taking candy from a baby, the baby being Tabor in this case.

9. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

5,550 Messages
    6,639 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have patterns. In the 1st they take players who are going to step in as immediate starters. Someone who fills a gap they have on the roster and can be a heavy contributor right away.

The 2nd round is where they take players who they were fortunate to get(in their eyes) for whatever reason that caused them to be there. Injured, character concerns or drug issues. It's unfortunate, but that's how they tend to draft.

I swear it feels like they told Jerry he can have the 2nd round picks. Just leave them alone in the 1st.

bonafidebanter likes this.
  10. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

3,063 Messages
    1,670 Likes Received
    Bosa won this award going away last year so expect this crew to choose either the Offensive or Defensive ROY.

11. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

7,076 Messages
    6,884 Likes Received
    Yes, he did. The wager was that whoever got drafted higher would get to go on a trip wherever they want on the other's dime.

Adams said that he wanted to go to Paris. The hosts asked Tabor where he wanted to go if he won. Tabor said Amsterdam.....the city of legal pot smoking and prostitution. Considering that he has already flunked a drug test while at Florida, it makes perfect sense.

JoeyBoy718 and tyke1doe like this.
  12. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    They could draft McCaffrey and Ross could be there. They could draft corner, safety, de, or oline. Just depends who is their bpa when they come up at 28.

13. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    There will be some top corners for sure. That is the strongest position in the draft.

14. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I'll go with the UConn safety as well.

15. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    If is the olineman, just take him. Plenty of defensive players in round 2, 3, and 4.

16. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

10,174 Messages
    11,099 Likes Received
    No.

17. tyke1doe

34,021 Messages
    11,202 Likes Received
    Let's stay away from him. Far away.

18. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,285 Messages
    7,514 Likes Received
    I highly doubt Ross will be there unless he has some really bad off-the-field issues. He was a productive receiver for a major program and crushed the combine 40-time. Those guys almost always go way higher than expected.

YR

19. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

767 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    He could, but who the hell knows. He crushed the 40 time and limped off the field.

Rockdoc likes this.
  20. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

9,914 Messages
    4,509 Likes Received