1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

That crazy McCain Campaign...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 13, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
  2. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Some times the facts are so bazaar that they appear to be a joke... but they are not.

McCain For President in 08.

:D
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    But the democrats act like this as well, so it must be OK. :D
  4. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    They do it on Obama's official Campaign website?

Funny thing about it, since they took off the waynes world clip for the video...It now just ends with...We're not worthy. And with their campaign ads so far...I would agree with them. :laugh2:
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Actually, I thought it was funny the way they kinda took a jab at themselves with the text just above it with the "Apparently, we're not worthy."

Thought that was a good natured shot at themselves. Considering the whole ad was done tongue in cheek anyway.
  6. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The irony of these McCain ads is starting to grate on me.

Johnny Mac has thrived a great deal over the past decade by being the "media darling" and now that someone is getting more media love than him, he's clearly getting jealous and bitter.

I liked the first "Obama is all style-over-substance" ad... it made it's point, but now it's just coming across like McCain is jealous of Obama's stardom.

McCain would be better-served coming out with some substance of his own, rather than just highlighting Obama's lack of substance.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    Nice to see you coming around to what I was saying a week, or however long ago it was, ago.

This goes beyond trying to make a point. It really is petty childish jealousy.
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not so much sure it's jealously as it is trying to get traction. But it does smack of it a bit.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    I really think they are Beneath McCain...and that is a compliment to him and a put down to his staff.

Not sure wth they are thinking.

Even if you look at some of the videos, and take away any message, the production is so amateur.

You will either laugh at this or be mad at this...but I swear to you it is almost like the dems are in charge of his campaign because it just seems that screwed up.
  10. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I stand by my original statement that it was a valid point to make in the campaign.

The problem I'm having with it now is it seems to be the ONLY point they're trying to make.

Funny story... I had lunch with someone today who is a former staffer of an ex-U.S. Senator. Anyway, she lives in Pennsylvania and she went to the local McCain HQ to try to get a yard sign. They told her... you won't believe this... that she needed to make a donation in order to get a yard sign!

I couldn't believe it... I don't know if I've ever heard of something that stupid before.

I don't know if this is official McCain campaign policy, or if someone in that local office was making their own call. But the thought of not just giving an interested person a yard sign is unbelievable to me. No wonder I'm seeing 100 Obama signs and stickers for every McCain one I see.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    How sad. this is going to turn out to be one of the most pathetic elections and produce a very poor winner imo.

that looked like an ad you would see in some local mayorial campaign in some small town.

what a sad state of affairs.

All the money that is poured into these campaigns and that is the best they can do?
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's not something that's new. Here's what is happening at that particular HQ.

They were probably running short on yard signs and what they wanted to do was make sure that those who are donating to the campaign gets a yard sign.
    During the last election we had a bunch of people come in to the HQ where I was at and were asking for Bush yard signs. We would give them out but wouldn't see them up anywhere locally. At least not to the extent that we were giving them out. As it turned out, the Kerry HQ had their volunteers going into the Rep. HQ and asking for signs but trashing them.

We got a call from one of the salvage men who happened to be a Bush supporter and asked us if we were missing yard signs. We said no but he said he had seen over 200 of them at the land fill.

At that point we started to ask for donations because not only were we low on signs, but we figured no Kerry supporter would make a donation to the Bush cause, just to trash a yard sign.

After the election, when we collected a ton of the signs, we took them to the local Kerry HQ's head rep and left him like 3 or 4 hundred on his front lawn.:D
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    :clap:
  14. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    P.S. Obama sucks. :p:
  15. BrAinPaiNt

61,241 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    Well if you recall I was pretty much saying that as well. It was all it seemed they could do was talk about Obama instead of their own vision and agenda.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Obama's message is "Change".

McCain's is, "I'm not him".

I like McCain's way better. :D