1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

That feeling you get ..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Billy Bullocks, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    ..on game day. I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but do some of you get a bit of a twisted feeling in your gut on game day. I became a fan around the age of 6. I saw my 1st game, Super Bowl XXVIII. My mom was a Cowboys fan, so I became one. Well I haven't seen our team do much of anything since I really started caring about the results. But now when I watch games, my entire mood is affected by the outcome. If anyone has read Nick Hornsby's "Fever Pitch", you know what I mean. It can drive me freakin nuts sometimes.

If Dallas loses, I'm not enjoyable to be around
  2. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am the EXACT same way
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,729 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Yup. I know what you mean. I've been a fan since the inception of the franchise and I still get knots in my stomach on game day.
  4. Billy Bullocks

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    It's worse when you're supposed to be good, like this year. I'm not really nervous about the game. I think we will do fine. I just don't want to think of the prospect of losing to Washington. It would be along week.
  5. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Ditto.........after all these years those knots, butterflies, whatever you want to call it.....it's still there. You don't outgrow it. :)
  6. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I am just as bad!

Yes, I get the butterflies. I get nervous. I am that way the whole game unless we get a real comfortable lead.

I have been this way for as long as I remember.

During the game my wife can not stand to be around me, and if we lose she stays away from me because I am just miserable.

If we win I am great to be around. None of this I am proud, but I just can not help it.
  7. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,713 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  8. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,858 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I used to get all upset when the Cowboys lost, too until I realized a couple of things. One, that if the Boys don't play well enough to win, then they don't deserve to win and secondly, that it's foolish for me to get all emotionally upset over a team that won't even let me play. I reserve my emotions for things I am personally involved in and pro football is not one of them. At least when the Boys lose, I don't have to listen to Jethro crow and boast and take credit for other people's accomplishments. Pro football games do not always go to the better team due to injuries or games breaks or bad officiating, intentional or otherwise. I love to watch good football and I don't much care who plays it.
  9. Billy Bullocks

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You're a footall fan, I'm a cowboys fan
  10. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    212 Likes Received

:hammer:

I am constantly pacing the floors starting about an hour before kickoff until the end of the game unless we have an unsurmountable lead (which hasn't happened much lately). my stomach is in a knot the whole time. I am constantly screaming and jumping up in joy or disappointment with every high and low moment of the game. Night games are the worst since i usually can't fall asleep after victories. I'm searching for every little bit of information recapping the game.

This reminded me back in 94 when i didn't have internet access, I would go to 7/11 every night after a game at 12:30am to buy a newspaper as soon as it was delivered to read about the game. My wife thinks my obsession with the cowboys is a bit crazy. I just point out that I'm as normal as the millions of other people who spend all of their time on their team message boards keeping up with every little nuance of their team but she still thinks I'm crazy andin need ofprofessional help.
  11. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Same here....there is nothing I can do other than root for the team to win. I used to get upset when they lost but now I just let it go.
  12. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    All week I look forward to Sunday/Monday (whenever the cowboys may be playing) If they win I don't get any sleep that night, and by that time I have watched the highlights about 20 times, and if they lose I can't get any sleep because I'm pissed off, and if they lose I don't watch any football the rest of the week. Like if they lose the early game on sunday, I don't watch SNF or MNF. And when I was real little I used to cry after every loss.

Basically I have it pretty bad.

But I don't think I'm weird because alot of y'all are the same way.

I have Cowboy Fever and bleed Blue and Silver
  13. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Yea i am the same way. I get all pumped up on game day, My wife don't understand why i insist on buying Sunday Ticket for 239 bucks a year to watch one team. But i just told her, she don't have to understand it, just keep the kids clear during game time. If we win, I am all pumped up.. take the kids to the park, etc,, if we lose, I still take the kids to the park, we jut dont play football. I have a hard time sleeping on game night, win or lose. if we win , I like to hear what everyone is saying,, if we lose, I like to hear what everyone is saying so I can cuss at the TV. Its a game i play i guess.
  14. Billy Bullocks

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I could swear youre using your wife's sreen name. :)
  15. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    LOL.. no.. MsCowboy ,, stands for Mississippi Cowboy,, Ms=mississippi :) She made of fun it too and it never crossed my mind when i made it.
  16. cowboygolfer

cowboygolfer New Member

232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I gotta tell ya I am not proud of this but I am a complete basket case, My wife is pissed my kids are running away and the dog . . .I don't have a dog.

It is bad my stomach is knotted and I clear my whole schedule so I can start watching extra early, in case something happens to teh power or cable so I can go watch somewhere else.

when we win I am on cloud nine, when we lose I am an ***. Since I was a kid I have felt teh same way and I can't get passed it, further more I don't want to I love this game and I love this team.

No disrewpect to you guys who say it is silly and yo blow it off, or you just like good football, I appologize because if you don't know the anguish I feel every game then yo also don't know the joy I feel. I know it is a game but it is my passion and I love this team I have screamed and cried with this franchise through 1-15 seasons and superbowls alike and I pray that my desire to see this team succeed never fades.