1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The 2011 New York Giants are the worst team to ever win the Superbowl

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheRat, Feb 5, 2012.

1. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    This shouldn't have even been a contested game. The Giants should have won this going away.

Rob Gronkowski had the best season by a TE in NFL history: 17 TD's and over 1300 yards. He is the reason why the Pats are in the Superbowl this year. And his injury effectively made him a non-factor. He wasn't even playing on the last drive of the game. Moreover, Tom Brady got injured in the second half and clearly wasn't himself despite it being his non-throwing shoulder.

Not to mention that the Pats have the second worst pass defense in the league and still managed to hold the Giants offense to 21 points.

This shouldn't have been a close game, but it was. The 2011 Giants is the worst team to ever win a Superbowl.
  2. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh yeah, the Giants are terrible. They only beat a 15-1 Green Bay team and a Patriots team that's appeared in 5 superbowls in the past 11 seasons. No big deal. :rolleyes:
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,517 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Lol, some of y'all are out your damn minds right now.
  4. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received

0.15 posts per day and you make an appearance to drool over the Giants.

I'd wager a guess that you're a Giants fan and if you're not, their bandwagon is available for boarding at http://www.nygiants.com
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2011 Giants >>>>> 2007 Giants
  6. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    The Pats playing without Gronk is like if the Vikings went to the SB but Adrian Peterson was injured.
  7. CowboysFirst

CowboysFirst Benched

82 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So much bitterness. :laugh2:
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Double standarddddddd

If the Cowboys had gone on this run, you probably would've been saying "The 2011 Cowboys was one of the most impressive teams to win the Super Bowl" or some mess like that
  9. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys had gone on this run I'd be in the hospital in complete shock.
  10. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,866 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I also find it easy to fabricate imaginary scenarios and put words in the mouth of the people I'm arguing with to win arguments.
  11. Pentagruel

Pentagruel New Member

23 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give me a break. This Giants team is one of the most impressive champion teams i've ever witnessed. They deserved to win every game they played in the playoffs and I certainly don't think their opponents were pushovers.

They faced massive injury problems early in then season and before the season even started.

They had a beastly schedule.

They faced tough teams on the road in the playoffs.

They overcame all of that and played magnificently. Even as a rival fan I can praise them in this amazing run. If the Cowboys were to show this kind of determination and confidence to win a Super Bowl you can bet your *** I would be praising them to high heaven.

This is a fantastic win for the Giants and certainly not the worst team to ever win the super bowl.
  12. sacowboysfan513

sacowboysfan513 Active Member

1,965 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Their defense is solid. Don't be fooled by their record.

But I would say they are the LUCKIEST team to win the super bowl. Two fumbles going straight into their own players hands. The opposing teams best player being hurt in the game prior, making him a nonfactor. And somehow the Patriots receivers that you can always count on, decide to drop balls in critical situations.

And not to mention all the luck that was needed just to get to the super bowl.
  13. logan

logan Member

160 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    They might not be the worst, but they are by far the luckiest.
  14. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    I couldn't disagree more...

Beating a 15-1 Packers team at Lambeau...

Beating a very good 49ers team at Candlestick....

Beating the future HoF combo of Brady / Belenick AGAIN...

This was far from the worst team ever win the Superbowl.
  15. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,710 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    You're right, the team that just won the SB and beat GB, SF on the road and the Pats on the biggest stage are terrible.

All I know is that the Giants will be having a parde and we're sitting on the sidelines wondering what the draft will bring.
  16. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,516 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    And yet the 2011 Giants STILL get to walk off with the Lombardi Trophy and their names forever etched in NFL history. That 'worst-team-to-ever-win-the-Super Bowl' Giants team looked pretty happy to me.

Maybe next year we'll be lucky enough to see the 2012 Cowboys supplant the 2011 Giants as the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl. I'd be damn fine with that.
  17. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

655 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I really doubt it. We are not even a bad team who failed to make the play-offs
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,266 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    Translated:

I'm butt-hurt, look at my thread!
  19. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,947 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Every team that has won a Super Bowl had to beat good teams by definition. Some are better than others and I agree with the OP that this Giants team was one of the worst "champs" ever. They backed into the playoffs, they beat a good Packers team that had a bad day. The Packers put 40+ on them a month earlier. They got many gifts against the Niners, the muffed punts, the dropped INTs and Eli's offense went 9 straight punts before the last fumble. The Pats just weren't as good as earlier versions and Gronk's injury was big. Plus they had 3 fumbles bounce their way, a few bad drops and a terrible INT by Brady. All in all they were very lucky and not very good.
  20. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,516 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The Giants WERE good. And more importantly, they were at their absolute best when it absolutely mattered.

But keep the rationalizations coming.