1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The 3 Problems That Cripple This Team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dodger, Nov 6, 2012.

1. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,010 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    1a) Past Success

Jerry said it with glee in his voice. He's not gonna stop being GM b/c he's won 3 championships doing what he does. Sure, nearly 20 years ago, but still.
  2. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    For the Win:laugh2:
  3. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

783 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Just a comparison... I live in the Philly area. They are crucifying Reid. You could replace the names with Reid, etc. and it you wouldn't even be able to distinguish the two teams.

BTW - both are 3-5.
  4. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,820 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    It is very simple. The 1 thing that Bellicheck and Coughlin have in common is that they will bench a player at the expense of wins. They are not afraid to pull that trigger at all and their players know it. Garrett may be stern with some, but his starters are untouchable. Until that changes, I don't see anything else changing on this team. Simply taking punt return duty from Bryant, I'm afraid, will not be enough. He, Ogletree, and any other player for the slightest mistake needs to ride the pine. I also like the idea that Coach Smith has incorporated with the Falcons. The individual responsible for the most penalty yards sits at the front. Each week they reorganize the seating chart to accomodate placing an emphasis on focus. The Cowboys need that concept instilled desperately.
  6. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    639 Likes Received

:hammer:
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,733 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    LOL.

Caption: dont you talk to Felix that way son.
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    i actually look like the guy looking over jerry's shoulder.

and he is casting the same look i would if i was standing behind that moron.
  9. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,820 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Is that Rudy staring over Jerry's shoulder? Maybe Jerry is trying to convince Jason to put Rudy in.
  10. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry,Curly,and Moe
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,831 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    there are really 3 problems with this team

1. Front office who cant build a team becasue they have no vision and are completely reactionary. unfortunately, this problem cannot be solved because of **********, looking in the mirror, and being in a fox hole issues with a completely delusional and irrational person. Garrett is also culpable here because we were assured that only players he wanted would be on the team, though to a lesser degree. if he had a back bone, he would do something about it but jelly fish done have back bones.

2. Coaching to enforce discipline and accountability. this falls squarely on garrett and is where i am most disappopointed with him.

3. Play calling. Having a piss poor offense despite having a franchise QB. Falls on garrett.

#2 and 3 are fixable by getting a real HC in here so that we can at least become competitive.
  13. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Just because they were "rumored" to like garrett isn't a reason to keep him after an obvious display of inept coaching. Yes Jerry is a a problem at times, but last time I checked we had a 13-3 year under jerry's watch, and an 11-5 year in which we won a playoff game.
  14. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Offensive line
    Offensive line
    Offensive line

Game management
    Game management
    Game management
  15. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this just isnt true - he was offered other jobs
  16. visionary

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    ??link??

not rumor but proof please
  17. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,963 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...edictable-ray-lewis-goes-p-c-on-jason-garrett

Maybe Lewis will talk some trash about Garrett, who turned down an offer to become Baltimore’s head coach in 2008 ...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...jason-garrett-john-harbaugh-garrett-s-cowboys

After two visits to Baltimore and an offer to succeed Brian Billick as the coach of the Ravens following the 2007 season, Garrett opted to stay in Dallas ...

said Garrett, who also turned down the Atlanta Falcons' coaching job following the 2007 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...garrett-doesnt-regret-turning-down-ravens-job

Jason Garrett doesn't regret turning down Ravens job

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=werder_ed&id=5792186

Garrett turned down head-coaching offers from the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens following the 2007 season

http://idmn.dallasnews.com/sportsdaydfw/20121013-garrett-faces-team-he-once-rejected.

Much was made of the Ravens offering Garrett their coaching job ...

... or later the Atlanta Falcons, whom he similarly rejected ...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...adium-coaching-change-jones-and-jimmy-johnson

Jason Garrett, who in 2008 turned down the Ravens' and Falcons' head coaching jobs to remain in Dallas

Need more proof?
  18. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,542 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    But now that they have seen his body of work do you think they would take him over their current coaches?
  19. visionary

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

nope, thats enough, thx
  20. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Good post, but you really could've combined all three of those into one: Jason Garrett. How anybody can defend a coach that fails so miserable in all three of those areas is beyond me.