1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The 81-Year-Old Newspaper Article That Destroys The Redskins’ Justification For Their Name

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheRat, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

605 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I won't be happy until Notre Dame, Minnesota, 49ers and KU all change their names. They are all offensive to me and people I know.
  2. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,696 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    My job? Are insane? You are the one throwing their toys out of the pram on a rivals message borad because
  3. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,696 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    My job? Are insane? You are the one throwing their toys out of the pram on a rivals message borad because people dare question your precious team name. Do you really wonder why that survey of less than 800 people isnt at the forefront of peoples minds? Because its not even close to convincing. If the figures skewed that was so strongly why hasnt Danny boy paid for a second one. Why haven't you fans paid for another one?

As for some Cowboy fans not agreeing with me....eh yeah that's gonna happen. Like the chap above not realizing its the ND logo, not the name that's offensive.
  4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Regardless of opinions on the matter, the name will be changed. It is inevitable.
  5. Denim Chicken

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
  6. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I hear/read this a number of times...that the name change is "inevitable".

What makes you think it is? Because I don't see it as anywhere near inevitable.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,734 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    In all seriousness, they should dissolve the whole franchise. Aren't most/all of their Super Bowl wins during strike shortened seasons? Lol
  8. Califan007

1,222 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    By the way, here's a shot of another article from that same timeframe:

[IMG]
  9. Denim Chicken

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Its the way our society is headed, for better of worse. We just had 50 Senators sign in favor of the change. Pressure is increasing each year.
  10. Califan007

1,222 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    From my perspective, I don't see it as "pressure increasing" each year...I see it as political grandstanding is increasing each year lol. And as with most things of this nature, the pendulum starting to swing the other way is far more likely to happen than some continuous name change momentum of any sort.
  11. Denim Chicken

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    I seriously doubt that there will be any gains by the faction that wants the name to remain. I do respect Snyder for sticking to his guns, but it is my opinion that he is fighting a loosing battle.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I will never support a politician that signs for a name change and I am done with the NFL the day that they make them change their name. This stuff needs to stop.
    MartinRamone likes this.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    He may be, but he has gained my respect.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    "Six real Indians."
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  15. casmith07

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    We should just have a team called the N-----s and say "it's not racist, it's honoring black people" and then do a poll of 800 people and call it fact.
  16. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You think that would get 90% approval from African Americans, or about 85% of the national approval?

So are you also offended by the NAACP? Or the United Negro College fund?

I assume you've travelled to reservations like the Redskins have as far back as Bobby Bethard.

Should the Navajo reservation in Red Mesa Az. change their school name from "Redskins?"
    jnday likes this.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This is a very ignorant statement. It seems like you are offended by the term much more than the Native Americans. I have read little about Native Americans being offended by the term. It is the rest of the nation that wears there feelings on their shoulders that is having a problem with it. There are so many fragile people looking to get their feelings hurt.
  18. casmith07

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Hey, since we're ignoring the sensitivity of one racial minority in America, might as well do it for others, too right? Because if you don't think it's a big deal, then it isn't, because that's the American way, right?
  19. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You didn't answer my questions.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You may be offended by the term, but it seems like most Native Americans are not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.