1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Best Metallica song in 10-12 years

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by JohnnyMac, Sep 6, 2008.

1. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rippin tune, but do we really need another Unforgiven?
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    I'm assuming that's Unforgiven III. If so, that's a good song. I can't check. Youtube is blocked at work. :(

Might I also recommend "All Nightmare Long" and "Judas Kiss". They're both off the new album and I'm guessing they're on Youtube as well.
  4. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep, I posted All Nightmare long , it's epic in length but addictive.
  5. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The best song in 10-12 years isn't saying much.
  6. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes it is, when you fly as high as Metallica did for son long , it was inevitable that they'd make a poor album or two as they changed their style of music to conform with their changing audience.
  7. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NO, it's not. They've sucked *** for 20 years. Conform nothing. They just suck. IMO, of course.
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,381 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    I listened to this a few days ago, and it was crap. Worse than Unforgiven 2, which was OK. Still better than St. Anger, but still crap. I've heard 4 songs now on the new CD, and none of them are any good.
  9. ChldsPlay

6,381 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Their audience hasn't changed, that's why nobody likes their music anymore.
  10. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to remain heavy, and evil when you're holding your newborn infant.
    Life changes everyday - their salad days are gone and they did sellout and made a movie soundtrack etc, however what I tell you now is: people in music are calling Death Magnetic a masterpiece.
  11. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ex GNR Drummer
  12. ChldsPlay

6,381 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Well so far, they're 0 for 4, so the other songs would have to be mind boggling incredible for it to be a masterpiece CD.

Who ever said they were evil?
  13. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Benched

180 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All Nightmare long is mindblowing
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Metallica has been on a downward spiral since And Justice For All. I don't even have any desire to hear their new stuff.
  15. ChldsPlay

6,381 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    It was better, but definitely not mind blowing, and still FAR, FAR, FAR from their good stuff. James singing has really just been a major negative on the last few CDs.
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    "Video has been removed by user."
  17. J-Skip

J-Skip New Member

101 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They haven't been "Metallica" for quite some time. In my opinion they're still not. After "And Justice for All", they went commercial, Metallica's "Metallica" album (The Black Album) was good don't get me wrong. After that however it turned into "Load", "Reload" and "Butt-Load". Alchohol and anger James, that's all you need. Guess I'll still have to wait for Metallica to come back.
  18. peppersquad

peppersquad Member

382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No such thing as Best Metalica song
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,037 Messages
    1,143 Likes Received
    Agreed. Terrible song.
  20. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Member

410 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    that was just your life is really awesome, its not justice or puppets, but its an awesome modern day metallica thrash song, could you want more? What does everyone realyl want? End of the line is an awesome heavy metal song, with sick guitar harmonies. Broken Beat and Scarred has an AWESOME groove at 1:00. Not crazy about TDTNC, Unforgiven III is probably my favorite. Judas kiss...all i got say is BOWWW DOWWWNN. The instrumental is alittle wandering at some points, but its good, and has a very dream theater-y feel to it.