The best player in the 2017 draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 17, 2017.

1. 44cowboys22

44cowboys22 Well-Known Member

1,304 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    He's good cause the 10 others guys combine to form an abnormal dominant D......when you have future NFL players surround you, your talent exceeds reality

Not saying he's not good......but those other 10 sure the hell help make you look good on tape

Especially in the Sec, where most O aren't that good

2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,957 Messages
    28,586 Likes Received
    Pound for pound, he probably is the best player, at his position, in the draft. Garrett is about the only one you could argue.

He would have been better than any LB in last year's draft, that is unquestioned.

He is helped with his totality rank in this class by some things, like the "best" player at the glamour positions have some warts.

Top QB - C'mon
    Top WR - Williams has questionable speed.
    Top LT - Really isn't a great one
    Top DE - Garrett
    Top CB - Lattimore has hamstring problems and is a one year starter

He may be a confrontational weirdo when getting a med exam, but he is a clean prospect when you watch him play.

3. TheDank

TheDank Member

33 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Love the player. Only real question I have is injury history. It's a hard position to find someone that can play 16+ games.

4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

16,417 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received
    Singletary? Anyone? Buehler

5. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

8,944 Messages
    4,015 Likes Received
    We get this every year right here in the draft zone. The guys who do this for a living know nothing and the youtube kings know all simply because they say so.

6. dstew60105

dstew60105 Well-Known Member

2,164 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    If you judging him against an injured Smith then yes, but he isn't better then a uninsured Smith.

7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    Using this thought process then an Alabama defender could never be the best. He's always going to have more talent around them than most.

And the same with the 90's Cowboys. None of those players were the best. Look at the roster.

8. 44cowboys22

1,304 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    No....this is CFB we're talking about. Bama has all 5 stars everywhere on that D. Put him on Kentucky, he's the best defender, on Bama just another piece

9. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    Huh? If talent around them disqualifies anyone from being the best player that means nobody on those 90s Cowboys was the best. It means the less talented your team is the better your chances of being the best player. It's a ridiculous notion.

10. 44cowboys22

1,304 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    No, if the guys in front of you take up dbl teams, negating the combo reach blocks getting to you...then of course his ability is gonna shine on tape. There were some very bad offense's in the SEC this past year.....once they took away the pass-their ears were back.

The struggles with top Bama players exceeding in the NFL far outnumber the those that do.....

He's all world at Bama....but so are the other 21 around him. Men against boys-just like our dominant 90's Cowboys. Look at the LB that left the boys....

11. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    What you're saying is a guy could be overrated playing at Alabama. Not that he has to be overrated.

It makes zero sense to assume all players playing at Alabama get overrated because of the talent around them, yet all those players are overrated too because of the same talent. It's the same nonsense people used to try to discredit the greatness of the 90's Cowboys.

12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

12,227 Messages
    4,870 Likes Received
    Foster is good but i dont think he's even the best LBer in this draft. I Think that belongs to Cunningham. Foster had an incredible DL allowing him run free.

stilltheguru88 likes this.
  13. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    I would trade two Cunninghams for one Foster. I wouldn't even draft him in the first round.

14. Risen Star

39,004 Messages
    46,879 Likes Received
    Cunningham is a finesse chase LB in the mold of Shaq Thompson.

Foster is an even better, more physical version of C.J. Mosley. Another "overrated" player on Alabama's defense.

15. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,114 Messages
    2,783 Likes Received
    Ray...;)

[​IMG]

CowboyFan74 likes this.
  16. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

16,417 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received

So Foster compares to Ray Lewis, finally a response...

17. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,114 Messages
    2,783 Likes Received
    I keep hearing how Foster isn't big enough to be a middle LBer...nor can he cover TEs....bla bla bla...All I know is the guy is a football player. And when he hits you...you go backwards. Give me that guy.;)

18. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,640 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
    Who has he hit though? I don't recall him inflicting damage on NFL guys like Founette or Guise in his own conference. Always some no name guy who won't see an NFL roster. And yes, Cunningham is better.

19. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

12,227 Messages
    4,870 Likes Received
    Dont see how anybody other that Leonard Fournette can be the best player in this draft.

20. Bocephus

Bocephus Active Member

310 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    He hit Fournette pretty hard in 2014 on a kick off.