1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The biggest game of Jason Garrett's career

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Nov 28, 2012.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,675 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I've supported Jason Garrett. Still do pretty much kinda, sorta, maybe. Not sure what ANY coach or playcaller could do with that cast of abysmal offensive linemen.

That said, Garrett is in trouble.

Jerry does NOT want to fire him. I doubt he'd given it a thought until very recently. The last thing Jerry wants to do his pay off Garrett and pay big for a big name. Jerry's pretty cheap when it comes to coaches, especially those that require spotlight and power. Garrett is Jerry's "perfect" head coach.

However, 6-10 is screaming pretty loud. That's the Cowboys record over the past 16 games, and if not for ugly wins over Cleveland and Tampa, it could be even worse. Add a 28-3 deficit at halftime on Thanksgiving and a cascade of resounding boos going into the locker room for all the nation to see, and the dreary mood hanging over this thing is palpably uncomfortable to watch.

But, ugh, imagine losing to a Vick-less, Babin-less, Jackson-less, McCoy-less, hapless disaster of a football team with an even worse offensive line than Dallas and a head coach with nine toes out the door already?

Garrett is coaching for his Cowboys life on Sunday.

Somehow, someway, Garrett has to get this team to 9-7 and relevant in the discussion heading into the offseason. Another draft and offseason shot at shoring up this team's offensive line woes, and he'll have a chance at a last chance around here. 8-8 is bleh. 7-9 is bye bye. A loss to Philly, and 6-10 might be in the works.

I honestly didn't think there was a way Jerry wouldn't give Garrett 2013. I've pointed at next year all along as the year to truly contend. Too much left to fix to judge too harshly.

But this season has been so wrought with unthinkable calamities and head-scratching bungles and flubs, the intensity of the scrutiny on BOTH Jerry and Garrett has magnified to new levels.

Fault or not, Garrett now finds himself with a precarious hold on his job.

And beating the Eagles, for him, is suddenly a must win if he wants his career to remain in these parts.
  2. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this is the biggest game of his career, I expect the Eagles to win then.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,346 Messages
    1,987 Likes Received
    you severely underestimate the power of self delusion

if we lose sunday, the usual suspects will leave no stone unturned in JGs defense

words like "hope" and "believe" will be flying around

the air will be thick with phrases like "fair weather fan" and "find another team" "what do you expect with the injuries"

the fault is always elsewhere, not with jerry or jason

as shakespeare should have said it "the fault dear brutus IS in our stars NOT in ourselves"

we cant help it if luck itself is against us now, can we?
  4. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this is a big game then chalk it up as a loss, this organization would lose a game to Notre Dame if you put them under the lights and tell them its a primetime game
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,087 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Philly won't win another game
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Is Vick still not playing?
  7. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    This isn't a big game for Red.

It's another "see a lot of good things out there, with the bad"..

It's a "process" game.
  8. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    last i heard he was adding extra padding to his helmet which leads me to believe him and mccoy will start which will lead to a sunday night massacre something like they did to the skins in 2010
  9. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

857 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    big game = loss.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,675 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    Or was it the Earl of Oxford, Edward de Vere?
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    it seems like there are more researchers that now believe that Shakespear did NOT write all the plays credited to him- especially the best ones.
  12. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,735 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    If Foles starts and puts up 4 TD's like RG3 did on Thanksgiving and the Cowboys get buried it may be the last game of Jason Garrett's career.
  14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,675 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I can't claim a great deal of knowledge on this, other than hearing of the theory.

I did see "Anonymous". Good flick.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,458 Messages
    1,650 Likes Received
    Gosh I don't ever want to cheer against the Cowboys when they are still mathmatically in the playoff picture but at this point I really want Garrett gone.

I want the playoffs more but it would be nice to finally drop that guy for a legit coach.
  16. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

994 Messages
    105 Likes Received

i feel terrible thinking this would be the better outcome. im so torn because i want to win but at the same time i dont want Garrett around.
  17. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    If that happened rob would just get blamed not the golden child.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,735 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    They'll both get slammed and could be on the same flight out of town.
  19. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What if the eagles shut us out? something like 27-0

this could really happen
  20. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nah, that couldn't happen.