1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Biggest, Scariest thing about yesterday's Game...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,071 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    We all knew Vick couldn't throw a pass to save his life when he entered the league, Vick had exceptional speed and arm strength for a QB and that's what people were enamored with. RG3 on the other hand is a far better passer and a great runner, this is the type of QB scouts and experts predicted might change the game. I don't think you can compare him to a single QB, your comparison to Vick is off, Vick wasn't anywhere near as good as this kid.

His biggest problem will be his health because QBs who scramble often take hard shots, Steve Young is a great example.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    It takes more than the QB to get a team to the Super Bowl. Both Staubach and Aikman would be running for their lives behind the same OL Romo has been stuck with.
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,550 Likes Received
    So, Romo was the only player at fault yesterday? Instead of dogging the hell out of him, maybe you should thank him for at least making it possible to win the game considering what happened in the first half.

How about the crappy play calling? How about the crappy injuries? How about the crappy defense that let the score get to where it was in the first half? How about the crappy oline? I could go on and on..

But, you, if you had some sort of analytical mind should be glad Romo was there during some of these past games or the Cowboys would be worse off than they are now!

Put Payton Manning in that game yesterday and he gets killed.

Your tunnel vision of hate on Romo is disgusting. Just as disgusting as the team played in the first half yesterday. So, at least thank Romo for giving his all in the second.

:rolleyes:
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    They're scary...it's gonna be a long 10+ years. Difference between them and the Eagles is that Shanahan actually commits to the running game
  5. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

896 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Good comparison

In todays, WIN TODAY, environment we tend to anoint the flashy players very
    quickly.
  6. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I just don't see RG3 staying healthy. He took a beating yesterday and has been all year. He's already had 1 concussion in just 11 nfl games. It was a viscous hit and he had atleast 1 concussion in college.

He's doesn't have the pocket awareness. It's his biggest flaw by far and very rarely can it be taught. It's a feeling you either have or you don't.

Then there's the triple option. If they keep running it in Washington he will get hurt. NFL is way to fast and big for guys his size to be put in situations where he takes even more hits than he would from the pocket. RB's can't even stay healthy anymore and He's taken at least 1-2 violent hits a game.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    And Romo's biggest flaw is throwing Int's
  8. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    “It doesn’t matter how many times they hit me, I’m going to continue to get back up. Even if they have to cart me off the field, I’m going to get off that cart and walk away.”

This shows he's clearly not taking all these hits very seriously either.

He was hit 28 times against the bengals. That's not a good recipe for longevity in this league. Not only is he taking a beating every game but he actually has himself thinking that he can continue to take these hits and he's above getting hurt.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,275 Messages
    1,550 Likes Received
    Right? He has to throw 40 balls a game because of no running game, why he throws some picks is beyond me?

:rolleyes:
  10. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The scary thing is that he is playing smarter and smarter. Of course he will take some hits but every QB takes hits. There is really no comparison to him and Vick other than both being great athletes. RG3 is a much better passer and can play in the pocket.

The homers will shrug him off. But if their defense improves, the Redskins will be force to be reckoned with for years. Look at what he is doing with all the no name receivers so far. He throws very few bad passes. To me his year so far is much better than Cam's rookie year. Cam is not great at reading defense whereas RG3 seems to be very good at it so far. I think RG3 will be the better QB out of him and Luck when it is all said and done.
  11. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Ok, well thank you for the update. Not sure what that has to do with my post but ok.

I guess you can't refute the facts on RG3 so you decided to use the "eggs in china" approach.
  12. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got news for you. Romo takes alot of hits too. But the rookie is a better QB by far.
  13. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Yep. Romo threw two interceptions in 62 attempts. Griffin threw one in 28 attempts. Who was more careless with the ball?
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    RG3'a int was erased because

1. The guy had to basically scrap it off the ground

2. He had 4 TD passes to make up for it
  15. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    947 Likes Received

their rookie running back is a load......BIG part of their win yesterday
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,623 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I don't know how much stock you can put into those 441 yards, though. The Skins were up 28-3 so they were basically on cruise control. Teams with big leads generally tend to give up a lot of passig yards just as long as they keep the receivers in front of them.
  17. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see. Romo has thrown 15 ints this year with passing 16 TDs with 1 running TD. RG3 has 4 ints with passing 16 TDs and 6 running TDs. Please do the math.
  18. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    “Every Monday, we come in here and I’m just kind of looking at him out of the corner of my eye, making sure he’s OK,” Lichtensteiger said. “He’s a tough guy, and he’s not going to complain about it. But you don’t like to see your quarterback, especially a guy that is carrying the load that he is, taking those hits.”

I don't care about Cam or Luck or any other QB. They have nothing to do with my point.

Rg3 is taking a beating every single week. Even his teammates are talking about it. I don't care how good of a player you are, if you continue to get hit the way he has and think he somehow won't get hurt, then you're missing my point.

He can't take the beating every week. No one can. Especially a player his size.
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    1,914 Likes Received
    Pretty much the hallmark of a Shanahan run team.

Potent offense.....no defense.
  20. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Got news for you. I know Romo takes a lot of hits. I've watched every snap he's ever played.

Here's more news for you. I don't care.

Do you think Romo's getting hit has any effect on RG3?

He won't last getting hit this much. That's my point as I've stated about 4 times now.