1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The built in excuse

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    Anyone else scared that Jason may get his job saved because of all the injuries we have recently have?

Last year it was the no offseason excuse and now I think this year he'll get the injuries excuse.

I really hope Jerry isn't sitting back and just waiting to drop this excuse on our fan base.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Probably the offensive line excuse.

They just appeared from no where, with no one on the coaching staff having any sort of responsibility for selecting this **** show or thinking this **** show could play.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,414 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Jerry seems to be coming around to the view Garrett is not the answer.
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,268 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Parts of the fan base are already putting forward the injury excuse themselves as witnessed the last week on this forum.
  5. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    If only Jerry would come around to seeing Jerry isn't the answer.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,777 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    The Cowboys were losing before the injuries. That was a healthy well rested team that got their butts handed to them in week 2 at Seattle.
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,201 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    And if he does, what then? Anti-jones website?
  8. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I think so.

No Lee, no Carter, no Ratliff most of the time, no Church, so I do think Injuries have hurt us. Not every team is going to overcome them.

The offense I don't think should be playing as bad though. Sure the Murray injury hurt but we still should be running the ball better.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    The oline is bad but Jason doesn't do much to coach around it so I don't give him the benefit of the doubt there.
  10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    It's only an excuse if you believe it.

Fact is that this team wasn't playing well before the rash of injuries.

If they had a winning record undermined by the injury bug? Possibly.

But that is most definitely not what happened.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,327 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Even if we are, what are we supposed to do about it?

The best we can do is hope that regardless if he stays or not, we get a new offensive coordinator, who has complete control, or we are doomed once again.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    We know this but I'm affraid Jerry is just as delusional as many of the Garrett supporters and will look for anything to cling onto at this point.

For the record id have been ok with giving him 1 more year had I not seen his offensive coordinator skills prior to being our head coach.
  13. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    What does fear have to do with anything? :confused:

JG will keep his job because he is in the middle of a re-tooling process. Most of us with any reason predicted that the Cowboys were, at best, a 10-6 team. Others, calculating injuries and strength of schedule, predicted a more achievable 9-7.

Anyone who thought that this team was going to be significantly better was not being realistic. This team has the superstars but it lacks a solid foundation of core players. I think JG is moving, albeit slowly, in that direction.

Jerry would be the biggest fool in Texas if he dumps JG at the end of the season. It would be yet another example of his knee-jerk management which has been killing the Cowboys for the last 15 years.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    Who gets to pick this coordinator?

I don't want anyone that is just Going to run Jasons system and not make adjustments to the roster that we have.
  15. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,327 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    True.

That will be another problem, Jason may have to go. He won't change his ways
  16. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,484 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    In fairness, it's possible (probable?) that the decision to pretty much ignore the OL in favor of "fixing the D" came from Jerry.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    If we had a coach that adjusted to his talent and not make players just adjust to his system than I'd be fine with keeping him another year.

I just can't stand watching, for example, catch and run receivers being forced to play like Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt.

I can't stand watching finesse linemen and 1 cut backs being used like they are the 90s Cowboys Oline and backs.

I hate how we always run out of heavy set formations from everywhere on the field.

I'm just not a fan of his philosophies.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    There is no doubt that Garrett had a hand in this mess. Him and Jerry should share the blame and add Callahan to the mix as well. I think this is a group effort. The three of them actually thought this mess would work. That gamble ruined the season.
  19. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    So remind the class how Dez Bryant scored his first TD?

Or how Beasley and Harris picked up yardage?

Catch and runs maybe?

More misinformation being spread around, some of you are worse than Jerry.
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    :signmast:

"I'm Stash, and I approve this message"