1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Case Against DeCastro

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The Emperor, Apr 24, 2012.

1. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very interesting:

Read more from rabblerousr:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...aft-the-case-against-david-decastro#storyjump
  2. daboys28

daboys28 New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    you mean he isnt the absolute best player that has ever played?

holy shnikes
  4. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What? You're rabblerousr? You wrote that?
  5. daboys28

daboys28 New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No but I was trying to tell you that we didn't need to draft him in the first.......I was saying we needed to draft for the Defense.......
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,834 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    DeCastro is going to be a HOF caliber linemen.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,781 Messages
    2,507 Likes Received
    No offense, but rabblerouser is a scout?
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    It's all conjecture, how can Tony Mandarich and Robert gallery go top five and be absolute mediocre players but Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden can be direct hits.

Jason Smith can be an injury prone dud at number two in 2009 but Tyron Smith can be a stud in the making at number 9 in 2011.

And how come the best lineman EVER in larry Allen fell to the second round in 1994?

Because nobody really knows if these guys can play at the next level, they just know they look good or have nice intangibles.

DeCastro might not be more than another Kyle Turley, a fair player but no superstar, he too taken in the first round as a guard.

Or maybe he'll be another Damien Woody, a versatile guard/ center taken in the first round.

Or maybe he'll be Alan Faneca, an uninspiring first round lineman picked by the Steeler in the 90s.

Give it three years and we'll know, one if he's amazing
  9. The Emperor

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Yeah it kind of scares me when people use he's the safest pick as the reason to take him. That's what they were saying about Bobby Carpenter too.
  11. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have kinda been saying the same thing about DeCastro the guard but DeCastro the center really does have the tool set to be a very good center...he has good lateral movement, can pull and can block smaller men (not easy for a big guy to hit a faster more mobile object)against the big NG he can get some help with his initial drive block and he seems to be able to make line calls...I really like him as a center not so much at guard
  12. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

473 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I did not know you hated our Quarter Back so badly? Lets see, the best Guard in the draft, pulls better than any guard in 10 years, does not get pushed around and protects the QB better than anyone in years, etc., etc., etc. He will be the best OL man in the league, guaranteed to be a pro bowler in first year. Oh, by the way, the main reason Dallas goes to the Super Bowl this year.

Hope you don't mine if I ignore you. Troll
  13. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,776 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    I wasn't in love with the Smith pick last year but they really did their homework and it seems to have worked out pretty well. I think JG knows that you need to hit on your first round pick and so I will be comfortable with who they take. That hasn't been the case for a lot of years since Jimmy Jonhson left.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received

so he quoted one scout who might be good or not and that is enough? Versus all those that say otherwise on DeCastro?

It was a hit piece plain and simple.

Ross Tucker on Sirius says DeCastro is the best guard prospect he has seen for years. From someone who actually played the positions. So I will take his word over some UNKNOWN SCOUT who might not knowmuch at all about O line.
  15. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Why does a scouts word count for DeCastro and not Brockers? Seems to be some double standard going around.

By the way, not singling you out. I just find it amusing when things like this work out like they do.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,677 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Reason is that on Brockers everyone is projecting what he COULD do.

DeCastro has done it in the College game and Brockers frankly has not.
  17. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He did what he was asked to do with in the scheme at LSU. I'm not trying to get into another Brockers debate, this has been worn out. I hope everyone knows I'm a fan of DeCastro and would have no issues if he was our guy at 14 but I guess I'm in rare air around here when I say I would have no issues with Brockers either so being able to see both sides of the argument as an outsider makes it rather entertaining.
  18. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure all this Brockers hate is a result of one person:

Marcus Spears.

Apparently every LSU lineman is cut from the same cloth.

Personally I think he has more Albert Haynesworth (w/o the attitude) than Marcus Spears but that's just me.
  19. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If DeCastro were a C, there would be a lot fewer questions about taking him at 14. There's a lot to like about the kid. He's really smart (29 ACT, 4.0 GPA in high school), loves football, and works hard. On top of that he's just a really good football player.
  20. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Why is that, do you think we have two starting guards that can carry us to the next level? Livings at one spot and who else? Arkin, Nagy? Maybe, maybe not. I believe we can use another guard and center.