1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cheese Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,202 Likes Received
    As far as I concerned you're not a world power until they name a cheese after you.

Cheese makes everything better. I am sure most of you will agree. Do you eat cheese by itself and if so what is your favorite?

What is your favorite way of having cheese to add flavor and which cheese?

Yes, on occasion I do eat cheese by itself. Occasionally mozzarella sticks, but I prefer swiss cheese. It breaks the rule for this question but swiss cheese and Ritz crackers rock. But Ritz makes everything better.

I love nachos. I make them with cheddar, mozzarella, and have even used muenster. Muenster cheese is so good and on nachos it is just delicious.

I also want to ask if any of you have tried Limburger and did you like it? I have never even seen Limburger cheese. I have heard it is really pungent, but delicious. I would try it.
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cheese, outside of steak, is pretty much my favorite food. I honestly can't recall a single variety of cheese I don't like.

My favorite cheese is Cabot Vermont Cheddar. Make mac n' cheese with sweet buttercream, cabot vermont cheddar, and panko bread crumbs.....I dare you to tell me you've had better. I haven't.

.....is there anything better than the cheese that's fallen off of the side of whatever you're cooking, only to get slightly burned of browned?
  3. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,960 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Can't beat a very sharp cheddar- with any kind of pepper--
    Provolone on a flour tortilla with a hatch roasted green chilie

Munster or baby swiss on sandwichs
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Shredded cheese on spaghetti, chili, and salads

Sliced (American or Pepper Jack) on sandwiches....fried bologna is not complete without it :D

Rotel cheese dip

Mac and cheese
  5. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    any of the french cheeses, the smellier the better. also blue cheeses or austrian smoked. your basic cheddars and i also love baked feta cheese with lamb and olives. pretty much any cheese at all is worth eating.
    toast one side of a slice of bread. get some grated cheese, chopped onion and chopped cooked bacon and mix with some hot sauce then pour onto the untoasted side and put under the grill until the cheese is melted. i'm not convinced theres a better snack out there.
  6. jubal

jubal Active Member

661 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    1.Colby Monteray jack
    2. Mozzarella
    This about all we buy anymore.
    Last night Mama Sue made pizza and made the mistake of using motzzarella on it instead of Colby and it was like chewing a ball of bubble gum.
    I too like my natchos and prefer them during the games,and any cheeze will do.
  7. jubal

jubal Active Member

661 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Well Daschoo you convinced me, we do eat cheese toast but the way you make yours convinced me I'm missing out I wrote it down,thanks alot.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Manchego.

I can eat a pound in one sitting.
  9. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,960 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Shredded Sharp cheddar --pour it in a skilet
    and melt it down until it is light brown --mix it with a chopped up hatch green chilie --eat it on anything
  10. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I loveeeeeee brie!

Okay, also my favorite is Mexican Restaraunt white queso. They have a really good one at Sam's Club with JalapeƱos in them.

I also love Mozzarella with bruschetta.

And of course, who doesn't love risotto???????????????????? Justin makes Lemon Risotto, Mushroom Risotto, and Sweet Corn risotto that is to die for, and it is all due to the creaminess of the (Parmesan) cheese :p
  11. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    the only cheese i eat by itself is kraft American. my GF is Greek and she will eat kasseri all day long. she also puts Parmesan on everything
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    Brie

nuff said
  13. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I love cheese. Lately my favorites have been muenster and swiss. something that is really good is taking a slice of cheese and spreading peanut butter on it and just eating that plain
  14. 63echo

63echo Member

279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No love for Havarti?

I can eat it by itself, but pair up some Havarti on those Cracked Pepper/Olive Oil Triscuits and a decent chardonnay and you're rocking and rolling.
  15. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    My fave would probably be Jarlsberg. Though there are lots of varietys of Scandinavian swiss cheese. Used to really like Finnish Turunama, but it didn't seem to ship well. No brie please.

Bread. Cheese. Good enough for me. Though French Onion Soup is another fine way to imbibe one's daily cheese requirement.

No cheese thread should go without a shout out to 'Wallace and Gromit', the animated series. The main character, Wallace, is a cheese conssieur. In the short, 'A Close Shave' Wallace meets the perfect girl -- except that she doesn't like cheese. When he learns this, he asks, 'Not even Wensleydale??' Turns out, the company that produces Wensleydale was within months of closing, and the publicity from Wallace and Gromit lead to tremedous orders, and floated the company. So these guys saved a cheese!

Wensleydale is a Yorkshire cheese, and is often found in a mix with fruits. It is actually pretty tasty.
  16. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I like Fontina with a good loaf of bread. Simple and oh so good.
  17. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,565 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    I like Cheese Steaks.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,202 Likes Received
    I have never even heard of this cheese.
  19. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,602 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I know this will sound like I am the average predictable American Joe, but...

1. Swiss
    2. Medium Cheddar
    3. Mozzarella

...are my favorites in that order .
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Seriously? You must run out to the grocery store and get some this evening. It's Spanish cheese made from sheep's milk. While it's relatively popular in the US, I was turned onto it by a friend of mine whose family is from Spain. They eat it all the time.

I get a quarter wheel of manchego and some freshly carved prosciutto and just go to town. Maybe some olives or grapes too.