1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The clown that cried wolf...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by vta, Dec 26, 2008.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think she'll be getting off just a bit too easy if all she has to do is pay the costs of the bogus search.

Link

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Meagan McCormic faced television cameras on Christmas Day to plead for the return of her missing 5-month-old son.

Meagan McCormic, 22, is charged with filing a false police report about a missing baby.
    1 of 2

"I don't even know if he's dead or alive," she said.

In fact, she knew that the child had never existed, police said.

McCormic was trying to lure an ex-boyfriend back when she invented a missing-child story that triggered a statewide search this week, police said Friday.

Investigators have charged the 22-year-old with filing a false police report. If convicted, they said, she may have to pay authorities for the cost of their search.

She was scheduled to appear in court Friday afternoon.

McCormic had described her infant son as having a mohawk, a single tooth and a fake tattoo. She told reporters his name was Riley Buchness and that she had left him with a nanny who had a French accent and a gap between her teeth.

She invented the story to lure back an ex-boyfriend by pretending he had fathered a child he did not know about, said Delrish Moss, a spokesman for the Miami Police Department. When the boyfriend showed up and asked to see the child, Moss said, McCormic told him the boy was missing.

"He finally decided to show up, and she created a story and he had no idea," Moss said.

On Christmas Day, the estranged boyfriend attended a news conference with McCormic under the impression that he had a son who was missing.

"I don't understand," John Buchness, 26, said then, choking back tears. "It's Christmas."

McCormic told police she had left her son with a nanny named Camille.

"I don't know if they're in Florida," she said. "I don't know where they are."

Authorities around Florida started looking for the boy and nanny, using the descriptions McCormic supplied, police said. She even gave police a picture of the boy, but Friday they said they believe she had downloaded the photo from the Internet.

Authorities have called off their search
  2. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Totally agree.
  3. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received

She's still got karma to deal with.
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,549 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    A statewide search could run into the hundreds of thousands of $ real quick. If she's fined for the total cost of the search that's a real hefty fine. Serves her right. Some jail time wouldn't hurt either.
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guess none of you have considered the possibility that this woman is profoundly sick...

I think y'all know that I'm not usually one to be tolerant of antisocial behavior, but from what I read, this woman needs a good therapist...
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,865 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I could care less if she is sick or not. Shes an idiot and has caused a lot of trouble for nothing
  7. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    that's classy.
  8. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I heard about this on the news this morning and was appalled. Not only was this a cruel and expensive thing to do, it also took precious time and resources away from the searches for children that are truly missing.

She needs jail time for this and if I were the ex, I would file a civil suit against this woman as well for cruelty and emotional abuse. That way when Hollywood visits for a lifetime channel movie, she won't get a thing from it
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Maybe you could give her a good reference :D
  10. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Naw, I don't really like her...
  11. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member