1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Coming Backlash

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by adamc91115, Oct 18, 2008.

1. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Coming Backlash

By Patrick Buchanan
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I stopped reading after this:

That guy scares the crap out me.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Glad I am not the only one.

Anytime he is a source of input or a center point of the thought process.....things are out of whack.
  4. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you look past the writer its actually a well thought out piece.

But I don't blame you. I do the same thing when I see something from someone like Ariana Huffington.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,970 Likes Received
    Make that two of us.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    It's an interesting article and it has some merit. If Obama wins, I think the nation is going to need alot of healing. Similar to when he won the Democratic nomination.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He makes a fantastic point in this article, and if people have been paying attention to Obama throughout this election, they'll realize that what Buchanan is predicting is true.

He has set up a scenario where, once he is elected, he will either sorely disappoint his base or quickly marginalize himself with a majority of the American people. He cannot satisfy both constituencies. And throughout this election he has pandered to and made promises to both.

Being pretty confident of his impending election, I'm now fascinated to see how his Presidency unfolds. I suspect it will be a very bumpy ride for many of the reasons Buchanan sites in this piece.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

If he does get elected and i still refuse to believe that no matter how terrible palin and mcain are, but if he does I cant wait to see how long it takes the machine to blame him for every event that happened during bush's tenure.

We all know that is coming and It is going to be alot of fun to listen to. The republicans will be so mad to lose and they are going to take it out on obama by calling for his head everyday and finding ways to place blame for the past 8 years.

I give the machine one month before it is kicked in and I give them about 8-12 months before they are so sick that they lost that the word impeachment gets kicked around.

Good times. The comedy is going to be great.
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,026 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    It happens on both sides. Not everything that happened on Bush's watch was his fault. He takes the blame for it. Not everything that happened on Clinton's watch was his doing, but he gets the credit/blame for it.

You only have so many ways to judge a president. The most obvious way is to gauge how well the country did while he was president. That's not always correct, but it's the way it's usually done.

Politics is hard. :D
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Why should it be any different although I think the press will continue to label Bush the responsible party...

I remember when Bush won in 2000. The economy was on a downswing and Bush was a couple of months away from being inaugurated. I watch Tom Brokaw, in late November before Bush took office, call it the "Bush Economy"...

It was the Clinton economy but he didn't warrant the full blame. The economy is cyclical as is the weather...
  11. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Heck yea that guy is freakin Crazy
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    How are the Republicans going to threaten impeachment when the Democrates will have an overwhelming majority in the House of Representatives???
  13. Beast_from_East

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    Pat Buchanan calling Obama a radical???

Hello pot, this is kettle.

HAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAHAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
  14. trickblue

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Herein lies the problem... the two party system is killing this country...

They will always protect their own...

The fact that Barney Frank has a position of power is a joke...

They should all burn in Hell...
  15. Beast_from_East

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    I agree that that we need a viable 3rd party, at least.

I am not talking about these joke parties like the Green Party, or Libertairian Party, ect.....We need an actual 3rd party that can compete with the Dems and the Repubs every single election cycle.

This year is an excellent example. The people that think Obama is not ready or has questionable ties, only have McCain to vote for.

The people that dont like McCain, or simply hate Bush to the extent that they refuse to vote for any Republican, have only Obama to vote for.

Thus, with no other viable candidate, alot of the votes that McCain and Obama get are simply "protest votes" against the other guy or the other party.

That is what the real problem is.
  16. trickblue

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    The only way to do this is to have a guy run third party that has endless funds..

Perot was a start, but he was/is also certifiable...

I think among many of us, the situation is hopeless... but all we can do is try. maybe at some point we can get a real leader...

It doesn't really matter who is elected... they can do nothing as long as they are beholden to a party...

The real enemy here is Pelosi and Reid... Pelosi is the worst Speaker in history, bar none... Reid is as crooked as the day is long...

As they pad their pockets, we all suffer the consequences..
  17. Beast_from_East

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    Excellent post my friend.

I dont care for Pelosi or Reid either.

Perot had the right idea, he was just the wrong person to do it.

Will we ever have a legit 3rd party???...........probably not:(
  18. trickblue

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Don't go agreeing with me... it screws up my cred... :)
  19. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll drink to that... Y'all agreeing will turn me into a drinking woman... :laugh2: j/k
  20. Beast_from_East

15,465 Messages
    2,881 Likes Received
    :laugh1: