1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys are the only team in the NFL who has not achieved this goal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 26, 2012.

1. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    whatever the real numbers are, its still pathetic
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    And if the Cowboys led the league in scoring at the halftime, yet still lost 75% percent of those games after the second half?

Does it still mean a damn thing?

Not to me..

Wins and losses boys. That is all that means anything to me.

Sure, the anaylists go by "stats" to determine a team. So, in jest, yes, it's not a totally worthless stat. I just don't care about that stat, especially if Dallas is winning.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,971 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    I take one thing away from this stat. Garrett's offense starts very slow, almost lethargic. One of the major reasons we don't do well is our slow starts.

Not to rag on him even more, but that has been a hallmark of this offense under Garrett.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Oh good grief, that's arbitrary.

Hey, back to your panic folks. Enjoy.
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,758 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    .....but doesnt this mean we are getting great coaching?........Look at their ability to adapt at the half:eek:
  6. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    There's always an arbitrary benchmark when comparing stats among teams and players.

The point is we're the only team in the league that hasn't bested 10 points in the first half. That's not arbitrary.
  7. Hostile

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Great info. Tell me the correlation in reference to the Chiefs who have achieved this benchmark as well as how it puts Atlanta and Houston at risk when they don't.

Thanks in advance.
  8. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,848 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Hard to believe that the Jets, Chiefs and the Jaguars have scored more than 10 points in the 1st half and we haven't.
  9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,889 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter. If you can't score more than 10 points in a half in the NFL, there is a serious problem. This is a direct result of ineptitude on the team, and that is a fact. Presnap penalties, turnovers, gameplanning, etc.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Gotta remember that any criticism of the Boys Hoss considers criticism of his Chosen One, Red Ball. So he will not react well
  11. Hostile

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    So how many times in the 2nd half, because I believe that is a half, have we scored more than 10 points?
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,892 Messages
    2,131 Likes Received
    The further we get away from the Jason Garrett script the better.

An up tempo offense with a somewhat structured street ball mentality is when this team is at their best.
  13. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,600 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    LOL Since the eagles left a slot receiver completely uncovered last night, I'm sure even we can top 10 in the first half...if not, we'll be picking in the top five.:eek:
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,247 Messages
    135 Likes Received

They have not scored more than 10 before halftime. It's either been 10 pts or less
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,971 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    I'd prefer them to score points before we're down by 25, but I guess that's just me. I know Garrett has a master plan to lull his opponent to sleep and when they're not trying really hard to finally get some TDs, but I'm not a big fan of that approach.

But then again, Garrett has also proven that jumping out to a big lead isn't something he knows how the handle, either (see: Detroit, 2011)
  16. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,404 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Are you intentionally being obtuse ?

The offense (Red's specialty) is not scoring in the first half to prevent the come from behind wins. The defense is not scoring either, nor special teams.

Come on man...
  17. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,247 Messages
    135 Likes Received

and the browns
  18. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,404 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The Browns are getting better and better.

Tough team...but missing a few key players.
  19. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Might be arbitrary, but it's also supported by the fact that the average is still the 3rd lowest in the NFL. There's probably something to this that is worth discussing, don't you think?
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,108 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    Yes, anyone "ok" with this fact is being just that. Only to stir the pot. :rolleyes:

We have been outscored in the first half, 131 - 66 or something like that.

We have been behind at the half 8 games, tied once. We are 3-6 in those games.

And now someone has pointed out that we are the only team to not score more than 10 points in the first half of any game this season.

If we were 10-1 or 9-2 this would be of no concern, ... but since we are 5-6, ... we have to look at this as one of the many reasons why we are 5-6.