1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

The Cowboys have a Personality Problem

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    It's not just one player or one interview. This is a trend I've noticed for awhile with this team. We see it manifest itself when the Giants bully us on and off the field, when Lee is blindsided and the team captain waits till after the game to speak up, we see it when Dez's passion is muzzled and everytime Garrett coaches not to lose.

That's an issue with the fans then. Give me my cocky Cowboys back from the old days. Listen to the Buffalo Bills players interviews from yesterday when they arrived from training camp, you don't have to walk it before you talk it. They are a confident group and determined to stop the losing. They're players were not afraid to express how sick they are of losing and how they want to win for the city and their late owner. You never hear that type of passion from our players. Did you not hear the pc answers Demarco gave SAS? Why not at least express how sick and tired you are of losing. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on Demarco, I think this is a big problem with the whole team.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    LM, there is some middle ground here to work with. If your intention is to give cookie cutter answers and promote your product, then don't go on there and make yourself and your team look so weak. This is a guy who disrespects this franchise every week, why don't you stand up to him confidently and when he does call out your QB and coach out, you back them up....is that too much to ask? Is that considered "falling into the trap"?

Look at how the Seahawks stand up to the "baiting". You don't have to go as far as Sherman did but at least he showed backbone and it's relevant b/c they BRING that MENTALITY to the field while we bring out WEAK, SAFE, ROBOTIC personality to the field.

Nobody forced you to post in here.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    2 super bowls from the Giants, 1 from the Saints, 1 from the Seahawks, 2 straight NFC Championship games for the Niners....that brash style works. Like I said, Cowboys used to have it, not anymore.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,967 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    Are there really fans out there that don't realize we have a soft team/culture here? That is as sad as the team not having success for the past 18 years.
  5. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    I find it hard to believe that even you can't figure out which logical fallacy this is.
    5Stars likes this.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    Amuse me....
    There are people on this forum who consider getting up to pick up the remote a workout. They've never played team sports or been in a competitive environment. They believe things like the personality of the players or the culture of the franchise are irrelevant. All that matters are X's and O's and they use HOF coaches like Landry/Belicheck as evidence as if that's the norm SMH.

Demarco was passive, unconfident, and boring in that interview. He also showed no backbone when the man in front of him was ridiculing his quarterback. This wouldn't be an issue if I didn't see these same damn attributes from the team every freaking Sunday every freaking year.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

7,738 Messages
    3,323 Likes Received
    This thread just gets better and better. Or should I say worse and worse?

SMH
    5Stars and casmith07 like this.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,717 Messages
    11,081 Likes Received
    Give me Demarco Murray's handling of himself over Sherman's in that clip, any day. I like Sherman, and his mouth. But that was just embarrassing.

Plus, he was nervous and out of breath from that staged 'conflict.' That was a bad publicity stunt.
    5Stars likes this.
  9. Idgit

34,717 Messages
    11,081 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think there are many fans who are able to distinguish what the actual limitations with the team are. Not as many as you'd expect, maybe, but we're not all reactionary.
  10. Idgit

34,717 Messages
    11,081 Likes Received
    Worse and worse. :)
    5Stars and WPBCowboysFan like this.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

11,144 Messages
    6,985 Likes Received
    So posters talk tough on here all day long about SAS/Bayless but when someone checks them in person you can't respect it?
  12. Idgit

34,717 Messages
    11,081 Likes Received
    "Checks them." Lol. He was doing the same sophomoric nonsense they do. And, no, I don't respect clown acts.
    casmith07 and 5Stars like this.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

27,922 Messages
    8,060 Likes Received
    It extends to the stadium, the brand building and the perpetuation of the America's Team image.

It only works when you have a good team and you win. Otherwise, you still have the baggage and sideshow.

Sad thing is, that I do not think that will ever go away. This will never be an organization that flies under the radar and is respected for what is put down on the field.
    Zordon likes this.
  14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

2,215 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    It's just hard to talk tough when you lose in unbelievable ways. Those other teams didn't have that before they won the SB. If Murray would have done that ,he would have just looked foolish. I felt sorry for him.
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    When the Buffalo Bills player interviews from arriving at Training Camp are your barometer for sufficient backbone, confidence, and a 'winning attitude'... welp, you might as well close your browser.
    WPBCowboysFan and WoodysGirl like this.
  16. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,967 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    lol @ reactionary. 18 years of crap and you pride yourself in not being reactionary? When your team is soft and play embarrassing football, everyone needs to hear about it. Change has to come from somewhere.
    Zordon likes this.
  17. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,824 Messages
    1,305 Likes Received
    Seriously lol's at the guy who said the Giants have bullied us. 3-1 in the last two years, they sure have our number. I'm sure Coughlin agrees with you.
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

27,448 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received

lmao

I was going to read this thread however, when I saw the links you posted to prove your point, I laughed instead.
    WPBCowboysFan and gmoney112 like this.
  19. MeTed

MeTed New Member

23 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    LOL good for Demarco. I have no issue at all with any of the players or coaches giving the finger to the media with canned responses. It means nothing.
    5Stars likes this.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

27,448 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received
    Nice!

Some fans want the Cowboy players to say stuff like..."We be the &%%$$ Cowboys! You want to come to Dallas, we will &$#@@$ kick your &^$...so don't come at me like that! I'm a ^^$%&) Cowboy and we don't take that *&$%^ from anybody! We be tough and )(&%!" So, don't talk to me muta^%$*!"

lol Yeah, that will intimidate other teams or the media! Talk is cheap...talk to much and you get your *** kicked!