1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys have a Personality Problem

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,511 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Chicken or egg? ???
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    They would be the same people calling them "thugs" if they did that.
    5Stars likes this.
  3. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    891 Likes Received
    I'd like to see a little more fire out of our guys. But talking smack or being confrontational in the media in July isn't what I'm talking about. I like the passion dez shows for the game. You can tell he plays for more than just a paycheck.
    Zordon and Idgit like this.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,027 Likes Received
    Fight fire with fire. Sometimes that's the only way you can check a bully. Murray didn't even say anything to defend Romo when he was being belittled in his face. Reminds me when nobody said or did anything about the Sean Lee/Golden Tate hit until AFTER the game was over. The team has a completely different mentality than that pack of hyenas in Seattle.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,728 Likes Received
    That wasn't fire, though. It's just acting like a jerk in order to proffit from the attention. Stooping to that level would have been an embarrassment. I'm glad he didn't.

Don't see any similarities between that and anything in a game, either, frankly. Big hits are big hits.
    5Stars likes this.
  6. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I don't judge a player by what he says in an interview but how he plays on the field. I'm not worried about Demarco's play or his personality. The game is won on the field.
  7. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,132 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    If only he could interview as well as Marshawn Lynch...
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Dallas does not have a personality problem they have an execution problem. You guys talk this crap but fact is you don't get to this level without a lot of leadership qualities and desire a small percentage will ever make it to this level. Player personality come in all shapes and sizes per say not every Cowboy player in the 90's was loud talkers and on this team there are guys who are loud and boast and guys who go about their business with a lot less talk. Talking is not going to win, players going out knowing their assignments and then executing those assignments will win games.
    5Stars and Idgit like this.
  9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,879 Messages
    1,864 Likes Received
    Exactly.
    Jimmy Johnson's Miami teams were talkers....so his Cowboys team were talkers
    Jason Garret is not a talker, so, his players aren't talkers
    Maybe they take on the personna of their coach somewhat, which tells me , they back their coach, and are behind them 100%

But as you said, it still comes down to execution.
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Dez is and Murray showed a lot of emotions but again it is not a personality issue bottom line is guys knowing exactly what their assignments are and executing those assignments to the letter. You can talk all day but if you bust assignments and fail to execute your assignment all the talk in the world will not cover that up.
  11. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,259 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    All one has to do is watch NFL Year in Review last night. It was a recap of the 2013 Cowboys: "Close Calls, Comebacks and Courage". As Romo would say: it was all about football baby. There is no doubt our guys are passionate about the game. It was great. Must see TV. Dez was the star of the show. From sideline to end zone.
    CCBoy likes this.
  12. Idgit

31,992 Messages
    7,728 Likes Received
    Five losses. By eight points total. With a bottom-ranked defense.

We need a little more talent, and we need to execute better defensively. Personality has little to do with anything.
  13. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree. Where I may differ from some is some of the talent such as Wilcox is still an unknown. I know everyone would love for every rookie to come in a play this game to a high level but more times than not that does not happen and it takes some time for guys to play to their ability at this level. I also put much of this on the coaches after all it is up to them to make sure these guys are getting the information and understanding what they are trying to do. As for Personality that is not something I think is an issue. Winning breeds confidence
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    These are always a good share...
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received

Wait, X's and O's are important here? I thought it was all about execution... I'm confused.
    Zordon likes this.
  16. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Poor Wade... everything was blamed on his personality...
    Zordon likes this.
  17. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I don't think Wade personality played a part I think losing the team as he did in 2010 did him in, Dallas went into a tail spin and he never could get them turned around. Much was the same reason for Kubiak in Houston, they went into a tail spin and he lost the team and could not get them back on track. I hated to see him fired but once Dallas stated off with a 1-7 season including 5 in a row and a lack luster blowout vs GB Dallas management did what a lot of teams would have done and that is fire the HC.
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,027 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    khiladi likes this.
  19. Idgit

31,992 Messages
    7,728 Likes Received
    I think much of Wade's problem actually was his personality. But that's so obviously not the same issue as the OP's team personality assertion that I thought it didn't really need to be mentioned. Not even sure what @khiladi was getting at bringing it up, honestly.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,461 Messages
    6,027 Likes Received
    From the OP: