1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys Next QB Will Be...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IAmLegend, Nov 25, 2012.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    [IMG]

..this guy. Romo's contract is up in 2 seasons, Newton is a FA in 2 seasons. Something tells me he's not going to want to re-sign with Carolina, especially if they continue to suck. Jerry Jones loves making the big splash in FA and we all know how intrigued he was by Newton when he was working out at the combine before last year's draft. Obviously a lot depends on how Newton plays the next couple seasons, but assuming he bounces back from this sophomore slump, I think he'll be a big target in FA. Plus, Newton loves the lime light. He said himself he wants be an "entertainer and an icon." Well, there's no better place to be those things than in a Cowboys uniform. This might be a long shot, but you never know.

Edit* - Plus, could you imagine the rivalry of Cam Newton vs. RG3 for the next 10 years?
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Never happen.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    1. God please no.

2. No, he won't be a cowboy.
  4. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Please God willingly it will never happen
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I'm sure Orton will have a few starts before a next big move is made and I can't say that's a bad thing. Orton should be a starter in the league anyway. He's not the answer but I'm sure he'll have success running Garrett's stale plays
  6. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Interesting. It would be interesting to have a mobile QB. I would rather draft our own guy, though.
  7. AtomicDog

AtomicDog Member

300 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Johnny Heisman Manziel
  8. physeter

physeter Active Member

263 Messages
    45 Likes Received

Is that in your Madden's franchise?:confused:
  9. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Romo is not a mobile QB. He is just good at extending a play IN the pocket. He doesn't break off long runs or make D-Coordinators gameplan for his ability to run.
    :lmao:
  10. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,558 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    uhh...
  11. RoyWilliams

RoyWilliams Member

83 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you really think Newton has the mental fortitude to play in this market? He seems to enjoy the limelight when things are going well, but can barely handle the pressure in Carolina.
  12. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good lord. Seriously?
  13. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,736 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    The next quarterback of the Cowboys will by worse than the one we have right now you can bank on that. Jerry has proven he is in over his head when looking for a replacement signal caller.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry went after Cam Newton...guy only cares about himself and does that stupid Superman thing even when his team is getting owned. Seems like a guy that will fit right in.

Hopefully Garrett would talk him out of it.:laugh2:
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,745 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    There's this thing called the franchise tag. If Newton bounces back like you suggest, there is no way the Panthers let him leave.
  15. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
  16. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

419 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Get Cam Newton in a real system with players around him...and he could be very deadly. He's surrounded by a mess in Carolina. I watched him back in 2010 when Auburn played UK. He was good enough, in college, to win games by himself. The man can play.
  17. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,152 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    romo is the QB for the next 5-6 years barring a significant drop off. he is a really good QB, and he is the reason we arent the jacksonville jaguars or oakland raiders.

cam will be out of the league in 5 years, as he isnt mentally or emotionally strong enough for the NFL. the next vince young, if you will.
  18. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,834 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Beat me to it. So, is 2 or 3 times a guy can be franchised? Newton won't be free for at least 4 seasons.

That being said, no thanks.
  19. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    It's not a bad thought. Sam Bradford, once he gets tired of Jeff Fisher, is another, but his contract makes it hard, I would think.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,122 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    Yea with the franchise tag the only way Cam walks is if he simply stinks it up or just literally quits playing or retire like Palmer did. I wouldn't be too upset about that. I'd rather have Romo now and 2 years from now over Cam but as far as a QB after Romo? I wouldn't be upset about Cam.