1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys reportedly "like" Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboy_ron, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

The 7th grader in me is giggling uncontrollably. :)
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Unless it's only 1-2 slots, I'd assume that won't happen.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I could see them pulling something off and moving up to 8. I could really see them trading Felix, #14 and another pick for that 8 spot.
  4. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,533 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The knocks on him are that he's undersized, has poor strength, and he's injury-prone. He's not a good fit for every blocking scheme, but could be successful in the right system if he can stay healthy enough.
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,330 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Another thing about Molk is that he's generally unlikable. Watch some YT interviews with the guy. He rubs folks the wrong way.

That doesn't make him a bad player.

Just not someone I can get excited about.
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Not strength, that's for sure. He short at only 6'1" but there are mixed opinions on that as far as centers go. Some consider it an advantage to be shorter and have shorter arms when your facing "squatters" in your face.

He is also that "right kind of guy" Garrett likes to talk about.

I think he's under rated and his value is a little low, I believe he offers value in the 4th but will drop because of size. He is also sort of a goofball in a good way but some teams don't like that "wild man" demeanor.
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't looked forward to a draft this much in a while.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    poor strength is BS, he has great weight room strength as evident of his 41 reps at the combine. He is not bulky and squatty, he looks more like a TE then a offensive lineman.
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

If confidence rubs you the wrong way you need to run from this guy.

I love the attitude in my offensive lineman
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

3,982 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    :bow:
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope we can grab cox.:lmao:

That way this juvenile joke can continue for years!!!
  12. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,533 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, lots of bench reps don't always equate to playing with great strength, just like a fast 40-yard dash time doesn't always equate to playing with great speed.

Almost every scouting report you can find about Molk suggests he struggles with "power," "leverage," "strength," or "girth," or that he "can be pushed around by bigger defensive linemen" or "can be driven backward" or "tossed aside." I'd call that poor strength, but if you want to call it something other than strength, go ahead. It's just semantics.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    A move from 14 all the way to 8 would be VERY expensive.

If there goal is to get 3 starters from this draft--whcih they have stated--then trading away high draft picks would kill their chances.

Anyway, I'm sure you know you can't assume player trades on draft day, let alone how much value they would have. It's so hypothetical.
  14. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

3,982 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    My thoughts as well
  15. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Girth, balance and leverage are not terms associated with Strength. There is no semantics about it. They are not a resemblance of lack of strength or surplus of strength. They are not associated with upper body strength, lower body strength or core strength. They do not differentiate between weight room strength or playing strength.

Molk is a weight room maniac, holds several Michigan records. I would not say he has an issue with strength. His issue is with applying weight room strength to the field which can be improved on with working on his leverage and balance otherwise known as technique work.
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I figure anyone with two eyes and a brain would like Fletcher Cox.
  17. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure you need both. Two eyes -- hell, ONE good eye and patch over the other -- OR a brain should still have you liking Fletcher Cox.
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know, but I'll pass a note to Cindy in home room, see if she has any info...
  19. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,239 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I think Fletcher will be a great pick @14 but I am wondering if he may be gone.

The guy has serious skills and is ready to go day one. I think with Spears and Coleman we need an upgrade, Fletcher fits the bill.
  20. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,239 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I know right, we need to do an age check on the dorks who are enamored with such tomfoolery.