1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys' season now comes down to 2 simple goals

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Red Dragon, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,536 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Your expectations haven't made the Cowboys any better than 8-8 in each of the last two seasons.
    OhSnap likes this.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,009 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    So now it's his fault?

Seriously, when did things get so bad that it's fans' fault for not blindly supporting mediocrity?

How about just a little accountability asked of those people whose opinions and decisions do actually contribute to wins and losses?
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,977 Messages
    4,146 Likes Received
    Which is why I don't care about a division title this year. Like I didn't care last year. It means nothing.
    50cent likes this.
  4. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

645 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Blindly supporting the team you claim as your team is my definition of a true fan. Criticize yes. Don't support no.
    JPM, khiladi and OhSnap like this.
  5. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    For those saying the playoffs are meaningless do any of you remember a few years ago when the NFC East was equally as bad. I remember hearing things like "The NFC East champion doesn't even deserve to go" and "Anybody coming out of that division will just be one and done." What happened that year? The Giants got into the playoffs and won the Super Bowl. The point is once you're in you have a chance. If you've already given up on the season then there's no reason for you to watch anymore. As for me, I'll continue to root for this team to succeed.
    cowboys1981, Red Dragon and OhSnap like this.
  6. Risen Star

18,977 Messages
    4,146 Likes Received
    If we don't lower our bar as fans we might have to criticize the team.

Go Cowboys!

Join me in this fascinating struggle to see who is the least bad team in the NFC East.

And maybe a few chants of "We're not the worst!"
    stasheroo likes this.
  7. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

675 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    If you support going 8-8 and giving Jerry a reason to not change anything, I don't think we need "true" fans. I will watch every game hoping we win like I have for the last 10 years but I know it isn't going to happen.
  8. Risen Star

18,977 Messages
    4,146 Likes Received
    Yeah. I remember that.

The Giants had the personnel in place to dominate the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys do not.

This team has no chance to win anything. The roster needs a serious makeover first.
  9. Risen Star

18,977 Messages
    4,146 Likes Received
    Yeah without those "true" fans Jerry would actually have to make a change.

I think I'm pretty content being a fake fan.
    mitchell2254 likes this.
  10. Airbag

Airbag Active Member Zone Supporter

153 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    If it comes down to week 17 and a win gets them in the playoffs and a loss they are out I would find it hard to believe some "fans" would be rooting against their team.

Some peoples first priority on this site is to whine and cry. So they simply can't admit they are rooting for their team on a weekly basis. It's contradictory.
  11. DallasCowboysRule!

1,590 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    If there's no chance then why do you waste your time? Do you think there's no chance that we beat the Giants? I think we can win. I expect the defense to be healthier an the offense to play better. I expect this team to be competitive in every game we play the rest of the season and if we do manage to get in the playoffs then we will have a healthy D and O along with Sean Lee back. At that point we are ready to roll.
  12. DallasCowboysRule!

1,590 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    I want more. I demand more but I'm also not going to root for this team to fail like some have taken to doing. The goal in the regular season is to win the division and get into the playoffs. That goal is still possible and yet people are throwing up the white flag. It's unbelievable.
  13. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,936 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Bravado? I'd be worried if Jacksonville was coming to town. The team we had on the field the 4th quarter of the New Orleans game didn't look like it could beat anyone. Still, I want the Boys to turn it around and get to the playoffs and do what they can. Also, I would like to remind Risen (as gently as possible) that change in the off-season isn't necessarily going to be good, although clearly we all hope for the best. You never know when three 5-11's are right around the corner - best to do what you can while you can. I will readily concede, though, that winning the East this year would probably have the opposite impact on Jerry than what would be desirable. You just know it will convince him we're just a player or two away from a deep playoff run, when in fact that would barely cover the OL, and the D needs a complete overhaul. In fact, it is possible we will need a whole new DL.
  14. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,106 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I won't be happy with another 8-8 season. 9-7 or 10-6.
  15. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

645 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    That is supporting your team.
    What do you think I'm talking about? Going to their houses and giving each one a pat on the back? Money?
    Hoping we win is all I'm talking about.
    No calm down please dear. I didn't mean to upset you.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,050 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    While I am not ready to concede the season, I still hope for the playoffs. Yes this team is a complete wreck, but anything is possible. Kapernick and Shorty don't scare me if that's who we play first. They are not Bree's nor Peyton.

However I do not want to just make the playoffs for the sake of it either. This team needs more change, and to date we have changed the ST coach, DC, and Playcaller. Only one more left to try since Jerry isn't going anywhere.

As of today, my pick in the NFC for the SB is Carolina on the NFC side.
    khiladi likes this.
  17. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,450 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    I agree completely with this comment but the problem is this team is not the Giants team that had a mediocre record for those two years and got hot at the end of the year. If I were a Giants fan I would be worried only about if we make the playoffs because I would know the character of the team could pull it out if they did, this team (the Cowboys) has done nothing that makes most of us believe it could happen for them. As a matter of fact three times now when it has come down to the last game of the season, a win and your in game, they have failed. I'm not saying I would not cheer wildly if they got in, I'm just not holding my breath for it cause I like living.
  18. mitchell2254

675 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    The only goal NFL teams have is winning the Super Bowl. Sure, its fun to celebrate winning a division title but let's be real. We are leap years away from being a Super Bowl contender. I support the team, I hope we do win the Super Bowl but I am also a realist that realizes a ton that needs to change and I believe it has to get worse before it gets better.

Making the playoffs will just give Jerry the GM more confidence in himself. We will go through another season scapegoating the wrong people and blaming injuries then come back next season and do it all over again
  19. mitchell2254

675 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I think supporting the team is wanting whats best for it. Going to the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 and getting blown out accomplishes nothing. As I said in my previous post, it probably sets us back another year if anything
  20. DallasCowboysRule!

1,590 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    I said the goal of the regular season. You have to make the playoffs before you can make the Super Bowl. I'd also rather make the playoffs and have Jerey succeed than fail just so I can point at him and laugh.