1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys' season now comes down to 2 simple goals

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Red Dragon, Nov 16, 2013.

1. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

755 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Dude, our team is getting worse every week. I think the goal of the regular is to get better and position yourself for a playoff run. We are going backwards and if we sneak in by default it would hard for me to say we accomplished a "goal".
  2. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,654 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Right now this team is beat up, especially on defense. After the bye I expect a lot of guys back. If we can get past New York then we are in that 3-4 week range that's been mentioned for Sean Lee to return. I exoect to get better from here on out. Let's not over react to New Orleans. It was a terrible game but we aren't done. Not at all. I'm not willing to throw up the white flag and give up.
    cowboys1981 and Red Dragon like this.
  3. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

755 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    We blew another big lead to Detroit and barely beat the woeful Vikings. Not just talking about the Saints game.
  4. DallasCowboysRule!

1,654 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    We beat the Vikings. Let me say it again: we won. Don't complain about that game. Detroit was a bad loss and I was upset about it but I'm not going to live in the past and let it define my season. The seasons not over for crying out loud. We aren't 0-10. We are 5-5, in first place, and should be getting healthier after an off week. All of our goals are still ahead of us and achievable. We don't even need any help. The attitude that I'm seeing in this thread is exactly the same attitude we've criticized the players for having for years now. This, next year attitude is disgusting and resigning ones self to losing is pitiful and we are better than this as a franchise and a fan base.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  5. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    outside of Hatcher and claiborne who are you expecging back thats going to make a difference??
  6. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    1. Get home payoff game with Seattle.

2. Win on an obvious wrong call.

3. Move to the next round and score 49 points.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Haha
  8. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Lets say Dallas wins the East........then what?
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    1. Get Red out
    2. Get the highest draft pick possible
  10. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Seattle is 3 games up on the 9ers with 2 fewer losses and having beaten them earlier.

Panthers, 49ers, Cardinals, and maybe even the Saints is what you should be looking at. Can't believe the Cardinals are looking at being 6-4 if they beat the mighty Jaguars this weeks.
  11. DallasCowboysRule!

1,654 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Those two are the big ones. Let's not understate how big it will be to have Hatcher back especially. I'd also like to see Wilcox get back get out there. Get Heath out of the lineup. Also I think it will just help the team overall to get a week of rest after 10 straight weeks of football.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,477 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    I'm just not of the mindset that to be a fan I must think my team is capable of winning it all or even just making a run every year. Obviously that can't be true. No team is capable every single year. I'm perfectly fine rooting for something I know can't happen because that's the reality of the situation.

I'll root for the Cowboys the rest of the season.

They have no chance to win anything other than the worst NFC East of our lifetime.
    mitchell2254 likes this.
  13. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    What I think as a fan is irrelevant, no amount of "fight" or "try hard" as a fan will do anything to the losers on the sidelines or the field.

I dont know if you have been paying attention, but WE ARE NOT better than this. This is modern Dallas Cowboys football. Live, love it. Lose.
  14. DallasCowboysRule!

1,654 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Sorry. Not willing to resign myself to mediocrity. Even though my attitude as a fan may not help I am going to continue to hope week in and week out that they figure out a way to fix things and I'll never give up so long as we have a mathematical possibility of success.
    cowboys1981 likes this.
  15. Risen Star

21,477 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    When you believe the pieces are in place, you can hope they figure out a way.

When you know the team is mismanaged at the top, the coaches are undermined and the roster lacks talent, you're pretty much hoping for a miracle.
  16. Risen Star

21,477 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    Make other plans for Wild Card weekend.
    17yearsandcounting likes this.
  17. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,131 Messages
    1,066 Likes Received
    I'd rather see us in the playoffs than any of our divisional rivals. I won't compare this team to the '07 & '11 Giants team. They picked up momentum with the ability to attack with just their front four on defense. Games are decided on the line and we need to address that primarily in the offseason.

I won't dig too much into the offseason being we're still playing football and have a shot at making the playoffs; regardless of who opponent is. I'll be watching until the last snap win or lose.

If we do lose our WC game we get a draft pick based on just record. So that'll be good news for those who are probably rooting for that.

I for one, believe in this team and at this point of the season I'm disappointed in where we stand.... but I will not root against this team under any circumstances.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,710 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    I think each fan has to decide for themselves what is more important or what is better for the long term health of the franchise.

Any there is no right or wrong answer, just opinion.

Would you prefer this team win the division and get into the playoffs and Garrett and company get another year and the same power structure and way of conducting business stays in place? Add to that a draft pick in the mid to late twenties for next year.

Or, would you prefer this team continue to show the many warts they have, and lose games en route to missing the playoffs and forcing changes in coaching and quite possibly philosophy regarding the power structure? Add to that a draft pick that could be in the top 10 next year?

Again, no right or wrong answers, just opinions.
  19. Risen Star

21,477 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    Oh, I think there is a right or wrong answer in there.

Either the status quo is conducive to winning or it's not. If it's not (it's not), taking a step back for the chance to take two steps forward is the way to go. Give me change and improved draft positioning every time over a doomed status quo.
  20. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,131 Messages
    1,066 Likes Received
    Agreed.

In all of this, fans would like to see our team in the playoffs and be a threat.

I know we have areas that need to be addressed and it starts on the trenches. If we can address that and invest in this area we can easily become a 11-12 win team.

Despite that I will pull for our team and see what happens this year. In today's NFL anything is possible.