1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys should go for Alex Smith this offseason

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dalboy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    and you wonder why he makes such dumb statements?

Like Juck and ufcrules Romo could be MVP of the Super Bowl 5 times and they would still say he stank. They just hate him like your friend does.
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,283 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    No. No thank you.
  3. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I dont hate him. I dont "hate" anyone. I dont like him as the QB of my favorite team. I feel he is a major factor in the losing culture we have. BTW Romo will Never win a Sb let alone an MVP. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  4. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,081 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Put Romo on that 49ers with that o-line and run game and I bet he would easily be in the MVP race and on his way to a Super Bowl ring
  5. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    He might be there next year ... unless JJ backs up the dump truck full of cash. And if im Romo ... i dont think i take it. I go somewhere to win ... like SF or maybe minnesota.
  6. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We dont win any games with alex smith on this team this year lol

Our team is literally the opposite of the Niners no run game, heavily dependent on qb and weak pass protection. Lol you cant even pull this off in madden.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,977 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    Well, they have something in common. Neither will lead their team to a superbowl.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,772 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Unless you have a solid OL, Frank Gore in the backfield, a great defense and Jim Harbaugh as your head coach you're screwed with Alex Smith as your QB. Put Alex Smith behind the Cowboys OL give him our lack of running game, our defense that's starting to look like crap again and give him Jason Garrett as his head coach and watch how unhappy everyone would be.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,772 Messages
    1,691 Likes Received
    Neither of those guys are better then Romo at this point, IMO. However, David G. and Alex S. are nothing at all alike IMO. Garrard and Smith are completely different kinds of QBs. Garrard is a down field throwing guy with a long windup on his throw. Smith has a much more compact, much better throwing motion. Much more efficient and better footwork. Not as big an arm but I am not sure how good Garrard's arm is at this point.

I would not be against signing a guy like Smith if the numbers were good because he is much more like Romo and so the offense would not have to change as much. However, Orton has been a decent QB in the League, given the circumstances so an evaluation between Smith and Orton would have to be made. If the decision was Smith, then I think some of you might be surprised. Romo is better and he is better suited to the offense we are running but this begs the question, is that because of the decision Romo is making in the offense or is it because we are so terrible up front? I suspect it's a bit of both. What I believe you might see, if we were to sign a player like Smith, is a quicker tempo, offense with the ball coming out much quicker. Fewer long developing routes but probably fewer TOs as well. What you would see is a more efficient scheme IMO. Would that be better? I don't know because Romo does have the ability to extend plays and make things happen. He does have the ability to bring you back but would you need as much of that if the offense was quicker and the ball was coming out quicker? I don't know that you would.

As a backup, I would rather have Smith over Garrard any day of the week. Would he be a better fit then Orton? I don't know. Haven't really seen enough of Orton in our offense to say. Romo is the better QB at this point. I wished we had the offensive aptitude to be able to prove it week in and week out.
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Our future QB is probably in high school somewhere.
  11. redfog

redfog New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I have just as many SB rings as Romo does.

:lmao: :lmao2:
  12. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,295 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Don't fee the trolls you guys -- you all know better.
  13. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

623 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    Friends don't let friends give QB advise when your down.
    Almost as comical as when JJ brought Ryan Leif in to QB. Only something a rediculous, desparate GM would do. That was the defining moment I realized JJ was on mind altering drugs.
  14. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    There's no doubt that it's one of the most meaningless statistics in football.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    Are you in the top .001 % in world at your job?

crickets..........
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,145 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    No, but they often grow out of strong offensive line play, a solid running game and a stout defense that prevents you from having to force things very often.

I could be wrong, but I can't see anything but bad happening if Smith were to replace Romo behind this line and with this running game.
  17. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

860 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Just when I thought you had gone back under your bridge after being exposed as a 49er fan posing as a Cowboys fan, here you come a trollin' again.

Of course you don't care about Alex Smith, he's now just a bench warmer your favorite team. Now go back to your foggy little bridge and don't bend over being that your bridge is in SF.
  18. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Well-Known Member

984 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Yet you have such an exciting life, that you find time to go on a fan board of a team you don't even like. :lmao2:

Funny stuff right there.
  19. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,776 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    While we're at it, why don't we bring Quincy Carter back too so that Alex has some competiton to deal with?