1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys Way

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Dec 2, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I have noticed a trend since Garrett took over and the type of players that the team has taken. I went back and looked at the Scout's Inc. profiles of all of our picks to see what I could dig up. I was mostly interested in the categories of "intangibles".

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Scouts Inc. grading system, each category per player is ranked on a scale of 1-5 (1 being best). To give you an example, Bruce Irvin had a 5 for his intangibles last year.

When I went back and looked at the draft picks, here's what I dug up. I will copy and paste a couple of sentences to show you exactly what I am talking about.

Tyron Smith - 3

Recipient of the 2010 Morris Trophy Award for the most outstanding offensive lineman of the Pac-10 voted on by his peers. Hard worker both on and off the field. Work ethic is adequate but not as intense and passionate about the game as NFL teams want to see.

Bruce Carter - 2

Dedicated and loves the weight room. Outgoing personality. Brings added value as a special teams standout and blocked six kicks during career, including three against Connecticut in 2008.

DeMarco Murray - 2

Good student and handles his business both on and off the field. Has shown the mental toughness to work through an injury plagued career.

David Arkin - 1

Named team's Co-Player of the Year and Co-Offensive Player of the year Award in 2010. Named team's Offensive Lineman of the Year 2007-2009. Named Offensive Scout Team Player of the year in 2006. All Academic First Team in 2009 and 2010. All Academic Second Team in 2007 and 2008. Graduated with a degree in construction management in December of 2010.

Josh Thomas - 1

Quiet and humble personality. Hard worker and well-respected by coaches and teammates. A dual-sport athlete; also a sprinter on Buffalo track team. Tough competitor. Plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Dwayne Harris - 1
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Please remove this thread.